Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »ATTN DTN.IQ Users! View the ProphetX Active Trader demo now!
Author Topic: ATTN DTN.IQ Users! View the ProphetX Active Trader demo now! (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 22, 2006 04:50 PM          Msg. 1 of 9
If you are looking for the most robust analytics package, coupled with the best datafeed in the industry, then you need to check out our BRAND NEW, DTN ProphetX Active Trader Edition!

This new product is designed specifically for Active Equity, Emini and Forex traders who are sick of stripped down analytics packages and unreliable datafeeds. Priced at only $75 per month, you WILL NOT find a more complete service from any other provider.

View our online Video Demonstration now to see only a fraction of the powerful features and functionality available on DTN ProphetX Active Trader.

http://www.dtniq.com/pxdemo.cfm

Call 800-475-4755 or visit http://www.prophetx.com to sign up for a fully functional FREE TRIAL today!

Here is only a small portion of the features of ProphetX Active Trader:
-Watch as many symbols as you need - no symbol limit
-Data direct from the exchanges for speed and reliability
-Advanced analytics with complete interface flexibility
-Custom studies, formulas and signals
-Continuous contracts and charting for the Emini
-Historical Minute data going back over 1 year
-Extensive drag and drop capabilities— drag symbols from a quote sheet onto a chart, drag and drop tabs to move windows around, etc..
-Multiple monitor support
-Drag and drop DDE to Excel
-Full workspace and template support
-Tabbed and paged windows to quickly and easily group and access data
-E-mail, TTS, "Application Run" actions for alerts
-Real-time news from PR, Bizwire and RealTimeTraders with full text searching and filtering

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

mlsignups
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 23, 2006 03:16 PM          Msg. 2 of 9
Jay:

I have a few questions for you about this.

1. I subscribe to the IQFEED data feed right now because I need the data stream for use w/ AmiBroker. If I "upgrade" to this product I understand the product would have the data stream embedded but would I still be able to access the data from AmiBroker using the client interface?

2. In Tradestation I can add a custom column to their "radarscreen", which is a list of symbols you are tracking. For instance, I have one that shows me how much above (or below) the current price is from the higher of the 50 day MA and the 20 day MA. Can I customize columns like this?

3. Similarly I have many custom indicator graphs in use, for instance one graph that include not only the volume but a few moving averages of the volume. Can I do that here?

Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 23, 2006 03:26 PM          Msg. 3 of 9
1) DTN ProphetX is not an upgrade or replacement to IQFeed. It is an upgrade/replacement for our DTN.IQ client software. Thus, a ProphetX subscription will not provide a feed to 3rd party software at this time. You would have to have a ProphetX and IQFeed subscription. We can get you IQFeed at 1/2 price if you are a subscriber to ProphetX though.

2) You can create custom columns, but we don't currently have the technical analysis data as part of our field list. Thus, you wouldn't be able to specifically accomplish what you are looking for in a Quote Sheet.

3) Yes. You can create templates with whatever analytics you want, then easily apply those custom templates to your charts. You can easily create a "study on a study", or apply studies to any data element. In this case, you would simply apply the moving averages you want to the volume data element.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Jun 16, 2006 01:49 PM          Msg. 4 of 9
I'm a subscriber to DTN.iq. I've downloaded the recent version of ProphetX. It indicates my id has expired. Who do I contact to get it going again?

dtn mike driscoll
-Active Trader Management-

Posted: Jun 16, 2006 03:53 PM          Msg. 5 of 9
I have forwarded your info to our sales staff who will be getting in touch with you shortly.
Thanks
Mike Driscoll

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Aug 15, 2006 08:30 PM          Msg. 6 of 9
Nobody responded. I see on your DTN.IQ web site that prices for ProphetX are higher than with the DTN.IQ client. I just downloaded the latest DTN.IQ client. It isn't quite as bad as before, but still has that annoying task bar hightlight whenever you move away from it. Can't that be removed?

I went through the trial ProphetX stuff and it broke all the time. I havn't been able to try it once you put it in production. Is it any better? Is ProphetX actually worth the extra cost?

Looks like a rock and hard spot here trying to choose between ProphetX and the old junk.

Anyway, which platform provides the best MarketDepth perspective?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Aug 15, 2006 09:03 PM          Msg. 7 of 9
You are correct. The ProphetX service is a whole $6 per month higher with a monthly subscription. For $6 more, you get unlimited symbols, charting that blows away DTN.IQ (and pretty much any other charting package out there), full text news indexing, custom formulas, and a whole lot more. There is no reason why anyone would choose the DTN.IQ client over ProphetX unless you need Level II or Equity Options (which haven't been released on ProphetX yet).

As for your comment about DTN.IQ not being as bad as before, I am not sure how "before" you are talking about. We haven't made any enhancements (only minor bug fixes) to DTN.IQ for over 2 years, while we are actively enhancing ProphetX (new releases pretty much every month). You can see the list of enhancements in the help document at http://www.dtn.com/PRX30help/2005/!SSL!/WebHelp/webhelp.htm.

ProphetX is our only product that provides MarketDepth (at this time we don't have CME Market Depth though).

If you want to try ProphetX again, just call our sales group at 800-475-4755 and they can get you setup to try it again. It has changed significantly since you were a beta tester a year ago.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:07 PM          Msg. 8 of 9
The MarketDepth, is that the same as your Nasdaq Level II? I just talked to sales, and they indicated that Nasdaq Level II is not available on ProphetX? Did I as for it incorrectly?

Also, are there plans for NYSE Open Book in IQFeed and/or ProphetX?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:13 PM          Msg. 9 of 9
market Depth is different than nasdaq level II. We do have Market Depth on ProphetX for CBOT and some of the other futures exchanges (we don't currently have Market Depth for CME).

At this time we don't have plans to offer NYSE Open Book.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 11:27 AM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003