Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »No Tic data after the market close
Author Topic: No Tic data after the market close (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)

CBrauer
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 28, 2007 11:01 PM          Msg. 1 of 13
Is it your plan to no longer offer Tic data after the market is closed?

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 08:21 AM          Msg. 2 of 13
Can you elaborate a bit about the issue you are experiencing?

To my knowledge we have not changed the way we process post market data.

CBrauer
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 09:07 AM          Msg. 3 of 13
Yesterday, after the market close, no tic data download was possible. I got 0 data for all securities.

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 09:24 AM          Msg. 4 of 13
This is the first report of the issue that I have heard.

I will look into it. Can you provide me some more information if possible?

What time was this happening?
Was tick data the only data missing or did you not try any others?
Do you know what server farm you were connected to (66.112.156.xxx or 66.112.148.xxx)?
You mentioned "all securities", which ones did you try?

Thanks

CBrauer
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 09:39 AM          Msg. 5 of 13
At the market close, the IQFeed client reported an error and connection was dropped.
I tried several times throught the afternoon and evening, but I could not download any tic data (one-minute summary data) for over 2100 symbols. IBM was one of these symbols.
I use the same symbol list during the trading day and it worked fine. But after the close, it did not work. No Tic data download was possible.

I did not notice the server IP address.

On another matter, your Technical Chat shut down right after the market close and I could not talk with anyone. If the Tic server shuts down again after the market today, is there a phone number I can call. Your technical supprt email doesn't get answered until the next day, so that is too late to see the problem.

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 10:05 AM          Msg. 6 of 13
I am sorry we missed you last night, we are here until 6pm CST, Monday - Friday. Our support number is 800-397-7000. We will certainly look into what caused the delay in your email being processed. We have people in chat until 6pm CST, after 6, email is our only available contact method and those will be answered first thing in the morning.

We take the support of our products very seriously, so please call me anytime at the number above and one of us here will do all we can to help.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 12:52 PM          Msg. 7 of 13
Charles, I am still not 100% clear what data you were requesting. You said tick data in both posts but you also mentioned "one minute summary data". This is contradictory.

Were you making historical tick requests or historical minute requests? or both?

Are you making the requests via sockets or via COM?

You said that you tried several times throughout the evening. Can I safely assume that you did not start until after 6PM CST (you mentioned "just after market close" but you also said our customer service was not available and they are open until 6PM CST). Do you know what time the last time you tried was?

Additionally, are all of your symbols that you check equities? Or do they also include futures, future options, equity options, money markets, etc?
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Mar 29, 2007 at 12:53 PM

CBrauer
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 01:11 PM          Msg. 8 of 13
You asked: "Were you making historical tick requests or historical minute requests? or both?
"

I'm asking for "HM" data. My request string is:

string quoteSymbol = "IBM";
string days = "1";
interval = "1";
string quoteString = "HM" + "," + quoteSymbol + "," + days + "," + interval + ";";

I'm in Callifornia. The market closes at 1:00 PM. My attempt to use Technical Chat was at 1:30 PM California time yesterday. The chat was closed with a message that I should use email.

All symbols are equities. I'm getting "HM" data now (11:00 AM). This same program is used after the market closes (1:00 PM) and all I could get was 0 data.

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 01:15 PM          Msg. 9 of 13
Thanks for the info Charles. Will forward this information on and post back here as soon as I get some new information.

CBrauer
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 01:49 PM          Msg. 10 of 13
I just wanted to point out that it is 11:47 California time and your Technical Chat icon on your web page says that the Chat Live Support is unavailable. You said that this server was up until 6:00 CST. Not true.

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 01:54 PM          Msg. 11 of 13
I have been in the chat server this entire time, could you please call me and we can try to resolve this. I am at the number I mentioned earlier at ext 3323.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 02:01 PM          Msg. 12 of 13
The confusion here is you (charles) are trying to contact us via RT chat on the Developer Support site. This chat is only used in pre-arranged cases. Email support is the only support option included with the API (unless pre-arranged with Developer Support via email).

End users can contact datafeed support via RT Chat, Phone and Email throughout the day and receive an immediate response.

Situations where you are unable to get any data from a historical request can be addressed to End User Support at www.iqfeed.net (click on support). Once End User Support confirms that all servers are functioning without issue, we may refer you to contact developer support in order to troubleshoot issues with your particular, custom developed software.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 02:01 PM          Msg. 13 of 13
I am showing all of the chat entry points for Customer Service are online.

http://www.dtn.com/service.cfm?sidenav=sn_spacer&content=landingpage
http://www.dtniq.com/template.cfm?navgroup=supportlist&urlcode=31&view=1
http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=support§ion=contact

The only one that is currently offline that I know of is the Developer Support Chat after you have logged into the developer section of the website. Is this the one you are referring to? The developer support chat is essentially "by appointment" currently (something I am working on improving).

Any sort of data issues like this can certainly be (and encouraged to be) reported to the Customer Service chat representatives.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 1:17 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003