Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »Which software will replicate eSignal's Page layout?
Author Topic: Which software will replicate eSignal's Page layout? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Trader5660
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 02:36 PM          Msg. 1 of 2
Hi,

I'm currently with eSignal and not happy with the delay that occurs with quotes, especially when the market is moving quickly. I'm looking for a charting software program that can relicate the features I have on my eSignal Pages.

I trade prop remote through a firm in NYC, and trade U. S. equities on one minute live charts throughout the day. I execute through my firm's trading platform so would not be executing through Ninja nor need any of those features. Here's what I do need.
A Quote Window with Level I quotes that include:
Symbol
Previous Closing Price
Change from Previous Closing Price
Percent Change
Open, High, Low, And Last Traded Price
Bid, and Bid Size
Ask, and Ask Size
Cumulative Volume
This Quote Window needs to be linked with both a scrolling Time and Sales Window, and a Bar Price Chart with Volume Bars displayed below the Price Bars. I need to be able to see 1 minute bars and quickly change timeframes without having to open multiple new pages or go through multiple steps to do so.

Then I need a separate Quote Window with all the features above except Bid/Ask data for a list of Indicies. This needs to be linked to its own Bar Price Chart, also with volume.

The people at at least two charting companies seemed to have difficulty understanding the concept of "linked." Linked means that each Quote Window and Price chart are tied together and update simultaneously.

I have also been very unimpressed with so-called Support at both of these. eSignal has great Support, but that's no good if quotes are slow. The only time I would need this is in the initial set-up - I do not program, do not use automated trading, do not need "indicators," or any of the rest of it.

Forgive me if I sound a bit harsh, but I have been frustrated by a lack of service and response from various companies. I'm looking for a data feed without quote problems - IQ Feed seems to think they can fulfill this - and a decent basic charting program for intraday, very fast scalp-type trading on a pro level; not retail, swing, or postion trading.

Thanks for any time and help - I look forward to more information and answers to my concerns and questions!

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 11:15 PM          Msg. 2 of 2
I am struggling to think of any 3rd party apps that work with IQFeed that do the linked displays as you need. I will need to play around with a couple tomorrow when I am in the office. I do know that QuoteTracker provides linked displays as you describe (www.quotetracker.com). They are known for providing great customer support.

Our ProphetX Active Trader product would meet all of your requirements as well. It doesn't utilize our IQFeed platform, but the data is still from the same DTN ticker plant. If you would like to try ProphetX active trader, you can register at www.dtniq.com. All you need to do is send your Esignal workbook files and we should be able to recreate them completely in ProphetX. In ProphetX, to change timeframes, all you need to do is type in a chart window a comma then the interval you want. For example, if you are watching a 1 minute chart and want to change to 5 minute, type ",5". To change to daily, type ",d".

You mention having volume on your bar chart for indexes. Very few indexes have volume, so it will be blank on many charts.

We provide 800# phone support, forums, real time chat and email support. We can also remote to your machine to help walk you through the product or help you get setup.

Again, I will do some checking with the various 3rd party apps that work with IQFeed to see if one may fit your needs as well (in addition to QuoteTracker).

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 8:51 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003