Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Question about Price Stream Data Structure
Author Topic: Question about Price Stream Data Structure (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

enflow
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 08:57 AM          Msg. 1 of 3
Interested in signing up for your API developer feed...

have question about the data structure string supplied in your feed

We need this data structure info for each ascii string received

symbol, timestamp, price, size(volume), bid, ask & trade only (no quotes - just trades) or flag something to filter the trades from the quotes

definitely NEED bid price / ask price on SAME line as last price or something showing trade was a buy or sell...

cj

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 02:03 PM          Msg. 2 of 3
If I understand your question correctly, yes, we offer everything you need. You can differentiate trades from quotes. While obviously every trade is both a buy and a sell, we do show the bid or ask price at the time of the trade so you can see if the trade occurred at the bid or as (or somewhere inbetween or outside).

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

enflow
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 03:34 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Hi Jay,

yes, exactly, we would just compare the trade price against the bid ask values within the same string to see if the trade went off at the Bid or Ask and that would so flag the trade fo us as a buy or sell.

followup Question 1)
also from what i saw - the way for us to know it is a TRADE insead of a QUOTE is the number 18 data stream field on the data strucutre page - right...

followup Question 2)
(HH:MMc) with the little c being replaced with a t for trades so we know to keep that string as a trade and anything else is a bid quote or ask quote update... right???

I agree, every trade is both a buy and a sell but this tells us who initiated the trade who was the aggressor in the trade -

thanks...

cj

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 1:17 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003