Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTNIQ Client Software Wish List »Watchlist font/cell sizes
Author Topic: Watchlist font/cell sizes (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 12:57 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Have a request for future watchlists:

* Screen real estate is hard to come by...
* Watchlist cells have half of the vertical space taken up by the symbol, other half is white space.
* How about implementing a resizing capability for vertical space in the cells, similar to how
you allow for horizontal resizing? Horizontally, I can cram stuff together as much as I stand,
but can do nothing for vertical sizing.

This way, I can scrunch down the vertical real estate my watchlist cells use, while still having a
large enough font size for easy viewing of the symbols & data.

You might apply this same idea to the header row, right above the symbol/data cells, too, as
there's wasted 'gray' space on my watchlists here, too.

Thanks...

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 02:15 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Thanks for the suggestion AMA. We will put this on the list, but DTN.IQ is primarily being developed in maintenance mode as opposed to adding new functionality and features. Instead, our client development efforts have been focused on our ProphetX platform. With ProphetX, we do have a greater focus on screen real-estate. In Quote Sheets (like a watch list in DTN.IQ), you can resize height, width and other properties not exposed in DTN.IQ. You can also run in "Caption-less Mode" and remove scroll bars and tool bars. See the attached screen shot.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

File Attached: pxrealestate.png (downloaded 2689 times)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 06:13 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
I finally got around these issues by starting to use Excel/DDE as a way to watch some numbers. Excel is very flexible and can be customized in a zillion ways; much more so than Watchlists will ever be able to do...

TrendFirst
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 11:28 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
This is an old thread, but I would second this......even with the new app update, the interface is sadly lacking.

I am running a Benq PD3200 32" 4k monitor, with scale and layout at 150%. All of my other apps work really well on this setting. ALL OF THEM, and that's lots.

But the Snapquote app? It's a mess. The fonts are so small I can't read them. Half of the characters can't be seen because they are cut off. To use the Snapquote app, I have to adjust my screen settings, view the app, then change them back.

The News app? It opens on my screen with the side bar totally minimized, cutting off the titles. Nothing shows up in the upper or lower dialog for news. Every day, I have to make multiple adjustments to see news. The alert noise is totally annoying, and I can't change it.

All of the IQFeed apps are in need of interfaces that actually work well with current versions of Windows, on a trader's screen. And have settings to adjust to suit individual traders. Sadly, none of them do.

I realize they have just gone thru a major update. But it's not good enough. Please keep working.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 02:37 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Thanks for the feedback!

We will get these issues added to our issue tracker for future development efforts and as you said "keep working".

I noticed in our logs that you are using the first build of IQFeed 6.0. Although it won't address all of your issues, I do recommend upgrading to the latest build on our website. The issue this build will address is the news app not displaying headlines on initial load (but the other scaling issues remain). There are also many other smaller enhancements to the apps and fixes for stability after lost internet connection.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 7:51 AM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003