Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Continuous Contract Data
Author Topic: Continuous Contract Data (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jlarmee
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 08:44 AM          Msg. 1 of 3
Hi. We have a project backtesting a trading strategy. We're using DTN IQFeed to retrieve daily data. We use a continuous contract. For example, for the S&P e-mini, we're using the symbol @ES#. So far so good.

But, our client is checking the results using ProphetX and he saw some discrepencies. He uses the symbol @ES@C. After a lot of head-scratching, we realized the the data is different between the two on some days.

I realize that a continuous contract is stitched together using the data from the actual contracts. And, I suspect that the cut-over day is different on the two products. So, we see the differences around the cut-over time. For example, the data is different on September 15th, 2009 but the same on October 1st, 2009.

So, I guess the question is: since, both products are provided by DTN, shouldn't the data be consistent?

Thanks,
Jay

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 03:59 PM          Msg. 2 of 3
Jay, ProphetX and IQFeed run off of different server farms which are fed from the same internal DTN ticker plant. However, some of the methodologies for compiling data are slightly different. We (DTN) have been making an effort to consolidate all of these methodologies so that the same data is available on both platforms but contract roll dates for continuous symbols happens to be one of the differences that still exist.

jlarmee
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 08:23 AM          Msg. 3 of 3
Okay, Steve.

That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 12:40 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003