Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Problem with Time & Sales data entry window.
Author Topic: Problem with Time & Sales data entry window. (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 04:43 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
Now that OPRA options symbols have been converted to the new, longer format, my Time & Sales window is too small to show the entire symbol name; i.e., 'IBM1020N120' = Feb 2010 $120 Put.

I can drag all of the small icons on the right side of the window much farther right, which then expands the data entry window to where it -is- large enough now, but when I close the T&S window and reopen, it automatically reverts to the smaller, scrunched up format. However, the T&S window does retain all other aspects from the previous session, such as size, placement on my WinXP desktop, icon selection, type of data(tick, min, etc). It just won't keep the data entry window in a larger size. Coincidentally(!), this default size of the window is just large enough for the old symbol format...

Very inconvenient.

So, is there something I can tweak, a work around, etc., or is this something you all need to fix in the next release?

And, btw, when's the next release of DTNIQ scheduled to be unleashed upon the public??

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 08:06 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
After doing some experimentation with this, we have found that it is a result of you have your font size (DPI) set to Large scale rather than normal. Under normal scale, the time and sales window will display normally.

Do you have this setting set this way intentionally? If not, you can adjust it in the following way:

Vista/Win7 - open your control panel and click on the Personalization icon. In this new window you should have an option for Adjust font size (DPI) on the left. Click on that and switch the setting from Larger (120 DPI) to Default (96 DPI). Click OK and a restart of your computer will be required.

On windows XP - Open your control panel. If the top of the left column says Switch to Classic view, click it (if it says anything else you are already in classic view). Now open the Display icon. Click on the settings tab at the top of the new window and click on advanced at the bottom of that tab. You should now have a drop down box where you can select the normal size (96 DPI) selection. Click OK, Click OK, and restart when prompted.

If this setting is already set on either version of windows, change it to Large, click OK, restart the computer, and then go back in and click Default again, and restart once again.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 09:26 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
Thanks for figuring this out, Steve... I -do- run fonts much larger than normal, as I have a WUXGA,
1920x1200 screen. I like hi-res screens...BUT, to make those work, one has to scale up the fonts
to be able to read 'em.

I'll do an experiment on changing the font size to see if that fixes things on my setup, but am
unlikely to leave it that way, as I really want hi-res with large fonts. If so, I may just have to
live with the hassles...

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 09:58 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
Well, I just tried testing with small fonts and the T&S window does show wider. Too bad the font size is microscopic...so, as mentioned above, I'll need to stay w/large fonts.

I'd have thought DTN would've tested with some variety of platforms on this stuff, vs. assuming everyone is going to want or need to go with -one- setup. I could try to find my 13" XGA black & white monitor from 1989 for this, but I'd rather look forward than backward.

1920x1200 is a common enough screen format...and a significant percentage of those users likely scale up the fonts, such that the DTNIQ code ought to be able to handle this.

FWIW, I'd like a fix for this to be added to an upcoming release; however, other post replies in these forums seem to indicate that Telvent is not interesting in doing much with the DTN platform. They'd rather invest in ProphetX.

I'm doing a test run of ProphetX, but it doesn't have much for options traders(me), so I'm kind of stuck. One non-enhanced platform and one that doesn't have many features.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 2:49 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003