Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »DTN Data Feed API
Author Topic: DTN Data Feed API (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)

tradedyn
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 26, 2004 01:45 PM          Msg. 1 of 14
I would like to use the DTN 1300 symbol data feed in conjunction with a trading app. If I wanted to "suck in" the DTN stream, would I buy the Specifications on the IQ Feed site and develop using those specs? (My understanding is that the DTN datafeed is the same as the IQFeed data feed). Is there any best practices document for integration of the DTN feed with a Java (J2EE) application or SDK for the DTN product?

DTN_Steve_G
-DTN IQFeed-

Posted: Oct 26, 2004 01:52 PM          Msg. 2 of 14
tradedyn,

There is not a best practices document for developing IQFeed in J2EE. We do have a Java Example with source code available to see how one would access our APIs through Java.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 26, 2004 02:13 PM          Msg. 3 of 14
Yes. The IQFeed API is what you need to develop to the DTN.IQ subscription service of 1300 symbols.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

tradedyn
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 26, 2004 02:35 PM          Msg. 4 of 14
Steve, That information is in the specifications I would buy/download in the IQ Feed site, or available somewhere else? Thanks.

DTN_Steve_G
-DTN IQFeed-

Posted: Oct 26, 2004 02:53 PM          Msg. 5 of 14
tradedyn,

The IQFeed site provides you several downloadable examples for you to execute and exam source code to see how the APIs are used in several languages. Also, ample technical details about the APIs and their functionality. Lastly, if you have any development questions, we provide three different channels for developer support.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

dhakme
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 26, 2004 08:19 PM          Msg. 6 of 14
tradeyn,

Unfortunately, unlike some other data feeds, IQFeed/DTN only supply you with the full API documentation and examples after you pay your developers fee.
Java is very much the poor cousin to the other programming languages. We are using java with streaming information only (socket connection) and have overcome a few hurdles but it is now basically working. The problems we are still having would be common to all languages.
There are very few java examples provided but these don't cover all DLL calls and, unfortunately some of the references to the DLL objects are incorrect. Clearly no-one at IQFeed has actually tested all calls. We examined the DLLs with depends.exe (provided by microsoft) to determine the correct references.

I have no experience in retrieving historical data using Java.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

DTN_Steve_G
-DTN IQFeed-

Posted: Oct 27, 2004 08:55 AM          Msg. 7 of 14
If anyone sees discrepencies between our API documentation and our software (such as the wrong references noted here), please let us know the specifics. Then we can confirm the discrepency and correct it. We want our documentation to be as accurate as possible.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 27, 2004 01:37 PM          Msg. 8 of 14
"If anyone sees discrepencies between our API documentation and our software (such as the wrong references noted here), please let us know the specifics."

I reported one in June last year

http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/Index.cfm?CFApp=2&Message_ID=1000

It is still wrong in 2.3.0.1

DTN_Steve_G
-DTN IQFeed-

Posted: Oct 27, 2004 02:16 PM          Msg. 9 of 14
skunk,

Could you report it to me one last time. I WILL look into it, and correct it (if its found to be a discrepancy).

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 27, 2004 02:23 PM          Msg. 10 of 14
public abstract class IQ_32 {

public native void CleartAutoLogin();

}

no 't' in the dll thus the dll dont work

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 27, 2005 11:28 AM          Msg. 11 of 14
Looks like a fix for this slipped through the cracks when 2.3.0.3 was being released.

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: May 27, 2005 03:08 PM          Msg. 12 of 14
Hi skunk,

I haven't gotten to the documentation yet, but I didn't see that as a reason to delay posting the 2.3.0.3 BETA. I'll get it done. Thanks!

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 27, 2005 03:59 PM          Msg. 13 of 14
not to mention the recompile of either the dll or the java file

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: May 27, 2005 04:21 PM          Msg. 14 of 14
I don't understand what you mean by that.

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 11:11 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003