Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Best for C# developper
Author Topic: Best for C# developper (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

amethyste
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 07:58 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
HI,

What is the best solution for a .NET (c#) developper with IqFeed : TCP/IP or COM ?

What is the most Stable ?
With new revision of IQFeed, TCP/IP protocol change or not ? And with COM ?
All TCP/IP functions are présent in COM api ?

thanks

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 08:35 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
We recommend TCP/IP for all developers. The COM interfaces are provided as a wrapper around the TCP/IP communications for those developers who do not want to (or don't know how to) deal with the socket communications. Both should be stable.

"new revision" is a relative term to what version you are currently running. If you are upgrading from 4.7.0.9 to 4.7.1.3, there should be no changes in protocol. If you are upgrading from an earlier version, I would suggest that you read through the release notes and ask specific questions about anything that concerns you.

Most, but not quite all TCP/IP functions are present in the COM API. For example, we do not yet have a COM interface to wrap the communcations on the Admin port.

jimc
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 09:21 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Bite the bullet and write a multi-threaded socket feed consumer. The COM interface has too much overhead, especially going back and forth to the .NET world. When volume spikes, the COM<->.NET solution won't be able to keep up, and you'll find your CPU pegged and your program falling farther and farther behind. It will eventually catch up, but when I was using COM with .NET, it sometimes took 10 minutes until my program was caught up.

Jim

amethyste
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 10:00 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
OK, I begin to develop with TCP/IP

Where is the Doc ? It's only for developer member ?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 10:04 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
Yes, as Jay mentioned in this thread: http://forums.dtn.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2604

Quote: The full API documentation is available by subscription for $300 per year. This includes documentation, sample applications, direct support from our developers and access to pre-release/beta software. To sign up, register at www.iqfeed.net/dev. Then fax/email the signed developer agreement back and you will be given access to the developer area.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 1:27 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003