Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »NYSE volume (VINT.Z) question
Author Topic: NYSE volume (VINT.Z) question (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

software9Trader
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 03:21 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
Howdy,

I have questions regarding the VINT.Z NYSE total volume market stat:

What are the units used? is it 1000's , 1,000,000's or what? Is in the docs?

Also, when I get historical data on this for 30 minute intervals, I get an "open" value for 10:00 AM EST,
which I assume is the open at 9:30AM for the 9:30 to 10AM EST interval. But the NYSE opens at 9:30AM, so I expect the open to be equal to zero. It sure ain't zero, it's a pretty large number.

What goofy thing have I done?

Thanks for your help.

software9Trader
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 06:49 PM          Msg. 2 of 3
I have added some more info to this support question.

Here is the raw NYSE volume (VINT.Z) data record received for Feb 4th at 10:00 AM EST:

VINT.Z,2011-02-04 10:00:00,135981,36424,36424,135981,0,0,

Here is the defined format for the data record from the DTN docs:
Result Format for HIX, HID, and HIT requests:
Field Format Notes
Request ID
Time Stamp CCYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS Example: 2008-09-01 16:00:01
High Decimal Example: 146.2587
Low Decimal Example: 145.2587
Open Decimal Example: 146.2587
Close Decimal Example: 145.2587
Total Volume Integer Example: 1285001
Period Volume Integer Example: 1285

As can be seen, the High field has the same value as the Close field, and the Low field has the same value as the Open field.

I compared these values to the data returned by Tradestation (i.e. 10AM EST on Feb 4, 2011). The value I got from Tradestation is: 149250 (they use $TVOL symbol for NYSE total volume).
Their numbers are significantly different.

So what is going on here with DTN values for NYSE total volume? If it is my problem, please point out what I am doing wrong.

Thank you.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 14, 2011 12:16 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Hello software9Trader, this is reported in 1000's.

The reason the volume isn't zero at open is because pre market trading is included in the daily total volume and the first calcualtion isn't done until 1 minute after the market opens (09:31:00) so it will also include the first minute of trading.

The reason our numbers might differe from Tradestation (or other vendors) is because we calculate these more frequently than anyone else. We calculate stats every second while most (all?) other vendors only caclulate them every 5-10s.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 12:41 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003