Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Product Support »ProphetX Support »How to insert vertical space/rows into a stock chart?
Author Topic: How to insert vertical space/rows into a stock chart? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 02:32 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
Hi - say I have a basic 10 minute interval stock chart up, of maybe AAPL(Apple).
What I'd like to do is insert some blank space between each day's chart, for easier eyeball viewing.
Kind of the equivalent of inserting a blank column into a spreadsheet.

Any way to do this? I don't care so much about the width of the empty space, just that it's
enough for me to visually separate yesterday's data from today's data from tomorrow's data.

Currently, to distinguish one day from another, I have to hover my cursor over the chart and read the info presented in the small yellow rectangle. Not exactly what I'd like.

Thanks...

DTN_Marcel
-Interested User-

Server QA Engineer

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 04:30 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
It sounds like "Day/Session" lines would be useful in this case.

For all new charts:
File > Preferences > Charts > X-axis
Select Day/Session Lines and check the box 'show'.

For existing charts:
Right-click the x-axis, select X-Axis Properties
Click Grid tab
Select Day/Session Lines and check the box 'show'.

Edited by DTN_Marcel on Mar 8, 2011 at 04:34 PM

File Attached: daylinePrefs.jpg (downloaded 776 times)

DTN_Marcel
-Interested User-

Server QA Engineer

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 04:33 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
2nd image attachment

File Attached: daylines.jpg (downloaded 819 times)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 04:29 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
BINGO, we have a WINNER

EXACTLY what I was looking for....

Thanks!

Time: Sun September 24, 2017 10:59 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003