Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »TICK.Z or JTNT.Z
Author Topic: TICK.Z or JTNT.Z (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Karish
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 02:04 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
In mktsymbols TICK.Z does not appear (though it appears in the web site), instead I found JTNT.Z, I load both of them using (Neoticker) and they are identical. except that TICK.Z will not load history for the previous day (odd).

Which one is the correct symbol to use for NYSE NET TICK?

Thanks,

Karish
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 02:48 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Just to add to my confusion I compared TICK.Z with two other vendors, and the two others are closely similar but IQ TICK.Z has a constant shift over 100 ticks from the two others.

File Attached: ACF91B4.jpg (downloaded 1897 times)

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 08:39 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Hi Karish,

We are able to get the 120 days tick data for both TICK.Z and the JTNT.Z at this end. There may be a setting in your NeoTicker that is limiting the amount of historical data. Please contact us directly and we can take a closer look at your IQ Feed to confirm all is running properly. You can call us toll free in the US at 800-397-7000 or you use the live chat available from our web site www.IQFeed.net

Stan S

What we do today, determines how people remember us forever.
Be the positive force in someone life.

Karish
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 08:46 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Thx for coming back, the issues I have are:

1. What is the reason IQ NYSE TICK is shifted away from the two other vendors, as shown at the attached file.
2. are TICK.Z / JTNT.Z the same?

Thx Eyal

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 09:12 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
The TICK.Z & JTNT.Z are the same thing. The difference between venders data is due to these being vender calculated indexes. Each data vender figures the quotes themselves. The numbers will almost never match from 1 vender to the other, due to differences in how the data if calculated. All the indexes we calculate are on a 1 second refresh, if the other providers are using different time spans to calculate the index then the numbers will be different.

Our Market Integrity dept and QuoteDev did extensive testing and research (March 2010) to try and determine why our TICK stat was a bit different from other vendors. We couldn’t nail it down because we are not certain how other vendors are calculating their stat.

We are at a point where we would need somebody to get the exact details regarding how these other vendors are calculating their TICK. Obtaining this type of competitor information is highly unlikely.

I hope this helps.

Stan S

What we do today, determines how people remember us forever.
Be the positive force in someone life.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 9:12 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003