Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Product Support »ProphetX Support »Basic charts - how to delete a bad data entry?
Author Topic: Basic charts - how to delete a bad data entry? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 01:28 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Hi - I'm running a very basic ProphetX stock chart, 2 minute intervals. A bad chunk of data came in from the exchanges and I'd like to delete just that one 2 minute interval bar entry.

How to do this? If I position my cursor over the entry, the yellow info window pops up. If I right click on it, all I get is the following, which doesn't allow me to delete anything:

XXX Properties
Control Properties
Hide Tool Tip

Couldn't find anything in the help topics pointing to this. I just want to delete the one 2 minute interval entry.

On my DTNIQ charts, I can right click on a single entry and a window pops up, asking me if I want to delete(which I did on that chart). Very simple & easy. Looking for something similar in the ProphetX world...

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 07:51 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hello Ama,

ProphetX builds it's minutes off of the underlying tick data so corrections need to be made at that level and it will update the minute data accordingly upon a refresh. The same is true of daily, weekly, and monthly data, to make corrections to any of those intervals, correct the daily and it repairs the other 2 intervals.

So in your case, switch to a tick chart, right click on the offending data, click repair prices, blank values, and then delete tick and when you refresh your minute charts you will see those changes applied.

If you could, would you please confirm the symbol and interval so we can confirm we addressed this on our servers as well?

Thanks for your business,

Tim

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 10:40 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Ok, how to I refresh from the servers and get data back again?

I ran a test today on deleting some data on a daily stock chart. Went fine. I then deleted the chart, logged off and back on. When I create a new copy of the daily stock chart, the deleted data is still gone.

I'd like to experiment some with temporarily deleting some data, to see how it affects some charts. Afterwards, I'd like to rebuild the chart in original condition, with all of the data present.

DTN_KurtA
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 04:37 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Hi AMA,
Corrections that you make to historical data, whether it be tick data or daily data, is stored in a local file called HisFix.xml which is stored in this location in Vista or Win7:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\DTN\System\

To remove the corrections that you have made, close ProphetX completely, then either delete the xml file to remove all corrections, or open the file with a txt editor and remove the <Item Key=>, and corresponding <Tick Date=> lines to remove specific corrections.

Please give us a call at 800-532-0136 if you have any questions regarding this.
Kurt

ProphetX Support
phone: 800-532-0136
email: prophetx@dtn.com
DTN. Trading Smarter.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jan 15, 2012 11:16 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
AHA! Thanks, Kurt...

Time: Wed November 22, 2017 11:41 PM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003