Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Product Support »ProphetX Support »Basic charts - how to delete a bad data entry?
Author Topic: Basic charts - how to delete a bad data entry? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 01:28 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Hi - I'm running a very basic ProphetX stock chart, 2 minute intervals. A bad chunk of data came in from the exchanges and I'd like to delete just that one 2 minute interval bar entry.

How to do this? If I position my cursor over the entry, the yellow info window pops up. If I right click on it, all I get is the following, which doesn't allow me to delete anything:

XXX Properties
Control Properties
Hide Tool Tip

Couldn't find anything in the help topics pointing to this. I just want to delete the one 2 minute interval entry.

On my DTNIQ charts, I can right click on a single entry and a window pops up, asking me if I want to delete(which I did on that chart). Very simple & easy. Looking for something similar in the ProphetX world...

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 07:51 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hello Ama,

ProphetX builds it's minutes off of the underlying tick data so corrections need to be made at that level and it will update the minute data accordingly upon a refresh. The same is true of daily, weekly, and monthly data, to make corrections to any of those intervals, correct the daily and it repairs the other 2 intervals.

So in your case, switch to a tick chart, right click on the offending data, click repair prices, blank values, and then delete tick and when you refresh your minute charts you will see those changes applied.

If you could, would you please confirm the symbol and interval so we can confirm we addressed this on our servers as well?

Thanks for your business,

Tim

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 10:40 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Ok, how to I refresh from the servers and get data back again?

I ran a test today on deleting some data on a daily stock chart. Went fine. I then deleted the chart, logged off and back on. When I create a new copy of the daily stock chart, the deleted data is still gone.

I'd like to experiment some with temporarily deleting some data, to see how it affects some charts. Afterwards, I'd like to rebuild the chart in original condition, with all of the data present.

DTN_KurtA
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 04:37 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Hi AMA,
Corrections that you make to historical data, whether it be tick data or daily data, is stored in a local file called HisFix.xml which is stored in this location in Vista or Win7:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\DTN\System\

To remove the corrections that you have made, close ProphetX completely, then either delete the xml file to remove all corrections, or open the file with a txt editor and remove the <Item Key=>, and corresponding <Tick Date=> lines to remove specific corrections.

Please give us a call at 800-532-0136 if you have any questions regarding this.
Kurt

ProphetX Support
phone: 800-532-0136
email: prophetx@dtn.com
DTN. Trading Smarter.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jan 15, 2012 11:16 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
AHA! Thanks, Kurt...

Time: Sun September 24, 2017 10:59 AM CFBB v1.2.0 0 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003