Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Level II by TCP/IP: "symbol not found"
Author Topic: Level II by TCP/IP: "symbol not found" (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jmv
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 09:39 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
Hello all,

We've been successfully retrieving Level-II data for futures during several months; but several days ago, all in a sudden, Level 2 data stopped arriving.

Watching our logs, we can see the following:

[connects to level 2 tcp port]

[DTN L2] S,SERVER CONNECTED
[DTN L2] C
[DTN L2] T,2012-01-10 08:35:35

[now we ask for DAX March'2012 symbol by sending "wXGH12\r\n"]

[DTN L2] n,XGH12,XGH12

Which, according to the docs, mean "symbol was not found". Strangely, this has been working for the past months without a single problem.

Even stranger is the fact that Level-1 will work as expected when we send the same request "wXGH12\r\n". This is, we are receiving "symbol not found" for L2, but the same symbol will work flawlessly when requesting Level I data.

Also, we have tried by sending "wXG#", and we keep getting the same results: L1 socket will start sending FDAX-March'12 price data as expected, but L2 will greet us again with a "n,XG#,XG#" message.

Is there any reason why we cannot get L2 data ?

thanks for your answer,

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 04:25 PM          Msg. 2 of 6
jmv, sorry for the delay responding. I am showing that your login is only authorized for realtime Level 1 EUREX. The level 2 servers do not send delayed data and will instead indicate that a symbol is not found if you are not authorized for realtime data.

You can signup for realtime Eurex Level 2 via our website here:
https://www.iqfeed.net//index.cfm?displayaction=data§ion=account&menu=1&signup=exchanges
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Jan 11, 2012 at 08:23 AM

jmv
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 05:07 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
Thanks for your answer,

maybe this is not the right place to post this (perhaps should I email to sales dept?) but I think there's some kind of misunderstanding here. I have been working with, and signed up for realtime Eurex with IqFeed for months now (I don't remember the exact time I signed up with DTN IqFeed, but this has been working without problems for at least six months).

In all that time, I haven't modified my IqFeed subscription, nor have I been notified by IqFeed of any changes to it (or at least I cannot recall it right now). What's more, just 10 days ago I was receiving Level 2 data flawlessly.

Thing is, a few days ago (like 9 or 10 days, as said above), Level 2 suddenly stopped sending data. From your post, I understand that, after six months receiving and being subscribed to realtime, somehow _now_ I have been "unsubscribed" to IQFeed's realtime Eurex data service. ¿How could such a change have happened?

This is a very serious issue for our bussiness, really... could you please check why have we been "silently unsubscribed" (so to say) from realtime data, why, and by who? Other than some kind of problem with our credit card payment, I cannot think of any reason for this sudden change to our subscription (and even if that was to be the case, I suppose we should have received some warning email, shouldn't we? )

thanks for your time,

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 05:33 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
My aplogies. We did have a server release a couple weeks ago that would have affected this for you. You have always been signed up (and paying) for realtime Level 1 EUREX data but have never been signed up (or paying) for Level 2 EUREX data. Our server release addressed a bug that would have allowed your account to recieve the Level2 Euruex without being authorized.

Unfortunately we weren't able to send out notice prior to fixing it because we don't currently track any information that would have identified which users would be affected.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 08:25 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
Also, a correction to my first response where I said that your account was only authorized for Level 2 EUREX. I intended to say that your account was only authorized for Level 1. I have have updated the post. Hopefully it did not cause too much extra confusion.

jmv
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 08:56 AM          Msg. 6 of 6
Hi Steve,

thanks a lot; yes, I was a little confused by the first post as you say, but now it's all crystal clear.

I will contact sales dept asap, then, and have them to upgrade my account to RT Eurex L2. Weird as it might seem, I'd swear that I had asked for both L1 and L2 realtime data when I first contacted with my sales rep (since we do use both levels in our daily operations), but since it was around six months ago when we signed up, I cannot tell for sure now.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your prompt answers and help !

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 2:04 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003