Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Possible to run IQFeed 4.7.2.0 and 5.x on same machine?
Author Topic: Possible to run IQFeed 4.7.2.0 and 5.x on same machine? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jimc
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 04:41 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
I may be the last person in the world upgrading their app to use IQFeed 5.x; I'm still using IQFeed 4.7.2.0 in production. My production version still uses the (very) old SetCallbackFunction initialization method. If I install the latest SDK, will my production app keep working, or does it need to be updated to use the "launch IQConnect, connect via Admin port" initialization method? Or can 4.7.2.0 and 5.x both run on one computer?

Jim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 05:21 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
Hello, the new connection options are available in your 4.7 build.

Release notes are located here:
http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/releasenotes.cfm

You could upgrade your connection logic while you still have the old version installed, you should be able to rename the IQ32.dll file prior to upgrading to test that your changes worked. Once you have that tested, then you can begin looking at upgrading to the newer versions that are available with a more minimal impact to your current code. And no, there is not a way to have both running on the same PC, but let us know if you have any questions on it and we'll be happy to help.

Tim

jimc
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 05:52 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
Thanks for the quick reply. I think you're saying that I can switch between 4.7 and 5.x by keeping two versions of IQ32.dll; e.g., IQ32_47.dll (the IQ32.dll I'm using now) and IQ32_5.dll (the IQ32.dll I'll get when I install the 5.x SDK), and renaming/copying whichever one I want to use at any given moment to IQ32.dll. Is that right?

Jim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 06:03 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
No, there is no IQ32.dll included in newer versions, as a matter of fact it is deleted in the newer installs.

But, currently, with 4.7 installed you can use either method, the connect via IQ32.dll or the connect method detailed in the release notes.

But, since the dll is not registered, when you think you have the new one working correctly, you can just rename IQ32.dll to whatever.renamed and restart 4.7. If you do not get any errors about the IQ32.dll file missing, and your code works, then you are free to upgrade to a newer protocol without risk of the launch piece being broken.

Tim

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 12:27 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003