Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Crashes using IQFeed on Amazon AWS/Ubuntu/Wine after approx 24hrs
Author Topic: Crashes using IQFeed on Amazon AWS/Ubuntu/Wine after approx 24hrs (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Reluctant but dedicated nerd.

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 09:22 AM          Msg. 1 of 14
I have been running IQFeed version 5.1.x.x on Amazon AWS/ Ubuntu 14.04 and Wine. (FYI - I was unable to install version 5.2.x.x due to the reboot flag at the end of the installation routine causing Ubuntu a problem.)

Everything works great for about 24 hours then I get a crash. I have tried to troubleshoot it to no avail. I have attached the crash dumps/logs with the hope you can see what I am missing.

Many Thanks,

File Attached: CRASHLOG1.TXT (downloaded 1746 times)

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 09:22 AM          Msg. 2 of 14
Additional file attachment.

File Attached: backtrace1.txt (downloaded 2285 times)

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 09:23 AM          Msg. 3 of 14
Additional file attachment

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 09:23 AM          Msg. 4 of 14
Additional File Attachment

File Attached: IQConnectLog6.txt (downloaded 1659 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 10:01 AM          Msg. 5 of 14
What is the issue you are seeing with the 5.2 install? There is not a reboot requirement to the installer and we have not heard anything back from other users in the Linux community or in local testing, so any info there may be helpful.

Given all of the known bugs that were fixed in 5.2, which is probably what you are running into, I think troubleshooting your install will be our solution more so than anything we are going to be able to do to the now outdated 5.1 client.

Tim

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 11:05 AM          Msg. 6 of 14
The issue I see with the 5.2 install is that the install hangs for a long time at the point shown in the attached screenshot.

The line Executre: "vcredist_x86_2012u4.exe" /promptrestart /passive indicates that the IQFeed install routine is attempting to run the vcre install with some kind of silent or whatever option set. (I don't know enough about the command line options for the vcre install to accurately determine what the IQFeed install routine is attempting) However, it hangs there for 1+ minutes and then indicates that it has completed the install but I cannot tell if it is just timing out. I only suspect this being a problem because I do not get this issue outside of Wine.

I removed the 5.1.x artifacts and did a fresh install of the 5.2.x client. Following this install (and reboot to be safe) I am unable to launch any of the IQF applications despite other Wine applications running normally. This is why I have been using the 5.1.x client because I simply could not get the 5.2.x client to do anything. In fact, I cannot get it to create any DTN/IQFeed log files which leads me to guess the underlying vcre never installed properly. However, not having much time to diagnose the problem, I had to move on with the 5.1.x client in place.

I am attaching more files on subsequent replies.

File Attached: Screenshot - 03292016 - 03%3A15%3A53 PM.png (downloaded 940 times)

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 11:06 AM          Msg. 7 of 14
JPG version of screenshot.

File Attached: Screenshot-03292016.jpg (downloaded 1480 times)

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 11:07 AM          Msg. 8 of 14
Copy of the registry for the server.

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 11:09 AM          Msg. 9 of 14
Changed the file suffix to txt in order for it to be accepted on the post

File Attached: ubuntuRegistry.txt (downloaded 6287 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 11:38 AM          Msg. 10 of 14
Can you try and install the redistributable directly? Then IQFeed will skip that step in the installer.

http://www.iqfeed.net/vcredist_x86_2012u4.exe

Tim

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 07:42 PM          Msg. 11 of 14
I have worked on this all day and I think I may have discovered the issue. However, I want to make sure it works before I share the info.

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 09:44 AM          Msg. 12 of 14
Sorry for the delayed update but I wanted to make sure it worked before posting anything here that might help someone in the future.

The problem I had was related to the standard Wine packages that were available to the Ubuntu image that I was using on Amazon AWS. I has nothing to do with it being From AWS but rather the Wine version that was installed when I executed the apt-get install on the particular image. In addition, some wine packages were still present after uninstalling Wine. Therefore I did the following and it worked for me:

Run the following command in the terminal:

sudo apt-get purge wine* (caution - this will remove ALL Wine components)

Follow the instructions in the InstallingWineHQ Packages section of the link below:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

Reinstall the latest release of the IQFeed software.

Good Luck!

illuminatus7
-Interested User-

Posted: May 6, 2016 12:51 AM          Msg. 13 of 14
Hi tccharleton,
thanks a bunch for posting this. I had the same problem and your solution worked out for me. It has happened previously that Wine needed to be "purged" when upgrading IQFeed.

Some comments:
* I'd also clean the .wine dir
rm -Rf ~/.wine

* I think sudo apt-get purge wine* should be sudo apt-get purge wine.*
Note the extra dot before the star. apt-get treats it as a regular expression so e* means 0 or more e's. Basically it would uninstall any packages with "win" in the name (as opposed to "wine", which is what we want). I got this warning from apg-get that I'm about to do something stupid using the original command:

After this operation, 1,174 MB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'

Anyways, thanks again

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
-- Confucius

tccharleton
-Interested User-

Posted: May 6, 2016 07:09 AM          Msg. 14 of 14
Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the terrible syntax in my previous post. I obviously didn't review it before I hit the button. Seriously, I am glad that it helped you despite my language problems.

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 11:23 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003