Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »minute bars from tick data
Author Topic: minute bars from tick data (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

salemreyen
-Interested User-

Posted: May 2, 2017 12:08 AM          Msg. 1 of 10
1. Are historical 1 minute bars computed directly from historical tick data?

2. Is is considered an error if there is a difference between a minute bar computed directly from ticks and a minute bar received from a historical lookup?

3. Are daily bars also computed from tick data?

DTN Todd
-Interested User-

Posted: May 2, 2017 12:17 AM          Msg. 2 of 10
Hello
We will have our data team review your inquiry
Todd

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 2, 2017 07:53 AM          Msg. 3 of 10
(1) Minute bars are built from the previous minutes tick data.

(2) I will be unable to answer your second question without more specific information.

(3) Daily data is built from tick data yes.

Please contact us at support@iqfeed.net by email; you can also contact us through a chat from our website iqfeed.net. You will find a link for technical support chat on the left hand side of the page.

Lastly you can also contact us at (800) 779-7299 for phone support to help you answer your second question.

Stephen Shockey | Telvent DTN LLC | Trading Markets | United States |Customer Service Technical Support
Email: support@iqfeed.net

lufeng
-Interested User-

Posted: May 16, 2017 07:55 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
It seems that the minute bars constructed by DTN precisely consist of 1) all last-qualifying trades, and 2) all formT trades. Is this correct?

Is there a list of all trade condition codes that are "last qualifying"?

Thanks.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 17, 2017 07:53 AM          Msg. 5 of 10
Good morning,

You are correct in regards to minute bars.

Last qualified flags are determined by using the exchange specifications. Each exchange is different, so you would need to look at feed specifications for each one to know them all, but here is the Nasdaq one for you to peruse.

http://www.utpplan.com/DOC/utdfspecification.pdf

Just search the document for Trade Condition or section 7.5.1.1 and you should be able to find within that matrix.

Tim

lufeng
-Interested User-

Posted: May 17, 2017 09:06 AM          Msg. 6 of 10
Thanks, Tim.

1) Do you happen to have the same document for the NYSE (and other exchanges)?

2) Within that matrix, there are two columns for "Update Last": Consolidated Processing vs Market Center. Which column is used to define "last qualified" for the purpose of constructing a DTN minute bar?

Lu

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 17, 2017 10:51 AM          Msg. 7 of 10
I found this link which look like it matches what you want.

https://www.nyse.com/publicdocs/ctaplan/notifications/trader-update/cts_output_spec.pdf

I do not have a full listing of these.

We would use the consolidated.

Tim

lufeng
-Interested User-

Posted: May 17, 2017 08:47 PM          Msg. 8 of 10
Thanks Tim. That's very helpful.
Edited by lufeng on May 17, 2017 at 09:03 PM

lufeng
-Interested User-

Posted: May 17, 2017 08:51 PM          Msg. 9 of 10
Is there a way to erase a post (for example, asking a question but realize the answer right away)?
Edited by lufeng on May 17, 2017 at 09:06 PM

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 18, 2017 08:11 AM          Msg. 10 of 10
Nope, but you can edit it. :)

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 9:06 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003