Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »2.3.0.3 Beta errors
Author Topic: 2.3.0.3 Beta errors (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

David
-DTN Evangelist-

I'd rather be...

Posted: May 27, 2005 05:50 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Good News: I have done some initial testing of my program with the new IQFeed beta. Initial results looked promising as most functions were ok with no changes to my interface.

Bad News: I use the tcp/ip interface to retrieve history. When a request is sent to the history server for data on a symbol that is not on the server there is no response (no error messages or otherwise) and subsequent requests for symbols that are on the server do not return any data or error messages. (also verified in the IQ Log file) I have to exit the program and re-start. This history 'error' causes another issue, IQConnect does not go away at program termination and must be terminated using the Windows Task Manager. I did not notice this at first which causes curious behavior on re-run. I also tested this behavior using History.exe and was able to get other history after first trying a bogus symbol, however IQConnect hung and did not exit on program termination. I think History uses a COM interface.

If I only download symbols that are on the server all goes well and IQConnect un-installs correctly at program termination.

A minor issue is that the return 'error message' for watching a symbol that is not on the server (wXYZ for example) is: 'Invalid Symbol' - before it used to return 'Not Found'. While the message is not really an error code (it is embedded within the returned quote string) it should not change. Also, 'Invalid symbol' IMHO would apply to some bogus format and not a legitimate set of characters.

Request Please document any error messages that have been added to this release and changes to the the old ones. It took me a long time to find out about most of them in past releases - sort of a dungeon and dragons game. They are not consistent or well documented but I've learned to work with what's there.

Final Question: I noticed that the new log file does not have any information posted during the closing of IQ. Is this a local anomaly?

Thanks,

David

IQXP Software
http://www.iqxp.com

LiveWire Update Service
PO Box 1417
Fairfield, IA 52556
641-472-8393
http://www.livewire-cablesoft.com/

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: May 29, 2005 10:45 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hi David,

Thanks for looking at the BETA release.

I will look into the issue of invalid symbols on history not returning a message.

I agree that the "Not Found" message text should not change, and I will change it back.

I am currently working on the online documentation, as it has had issues for some time. And I plan to have it updated before 2.3.0.3 moves out of BETA.

You are correct that the log file does not post information during the closing of an app. I will add to the logging as time permits.

Thanks!

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

kdresser
-Interested User-

Posted: May 30, 2005 06:20 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
I too experience the same tcp/ip history "Not Found" behaviour as David.

Thanks for working on it.

David
-DTN Evangelist-

I'd rather be...

Posted: Jun 9, 2005 04:46 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
I have just finished initial testing of the new beta v2.3.0.4 for the history issue and I find that it functions well - requesting a symbol from the server that does not exist on it does not hang the history function. All appears OK...

Good work!

Thanks!

David

IQXP Software
http://www.iqxp.com

LiveWire Update Service
PO Box 1417
Fairfield, IA 52556
641-472-8393
http://www.livewire-cablesoft.com/

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Jun 10, 2005 03:00 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Thanks for posting...glad to hear that it is working well for you!

Natalie

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 8:41 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003