Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: luckman212
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 16, 2009 08:25 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
luckman212 has contributed to 3 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.01%) in 5,490 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

thanks, I will look into those.

bump- nobody doing discretionary trading / strategy development around here?

hi, I have subscribed to IQfeed and am currently using Medved Quotetracker. I am finding that Quotetracker is OK, but not great -- too many limitations. I.E, you have to have a chart window open for its "paintbar alerts" (another word for programmed strategies) to fire. This wastes a lot of CPU and screen real estate.

I am looking for a program that has the following characteristics:

• lets me enter in a list of 20-30 stocks that I want to watch for signals

• watch these stocks tick by tick and fire alerts based on the rules that I set up

• have a reasonably well-developed programming language to allow for fairly complex strategies-- i.e, symbol X compared to symbol Y, comparing the same stock over various timeframes (e.g 1,3,5,30 minutes), etc etc.

• reasonably priced (i.e, purchase outright or pay ~$30-70 month

I haven't been able to find much of anything that meets these. Closest thing I can find is Trade-Ideas.com but that is a little pricey and seems to be more of a black-box type thing where you can select from predefined strategies that they have developed and then fire alerts on the symbols you choose-- which isn't exactly what I'm after.

any ideas? cheers

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 8:51 AM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003