Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on Various DTN Products:
DTN IQFeed | DTN ProphetX | DTN Ag | NxCore
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Craig
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 06:09 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Craig has contributed to 208 posts out of 18063 total posts (1.15%) in 2,715 days (0.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Access to Historical Data. Today @ 06:09 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hi Mark, Thx for the reply.

IQFeed Developer Support » Decoding Timestamps in Update Messages. Today @ 05:59 PM (Total replies: 0)

I've switched to using the timestamps in the feed as opposed to local timestamps.
But I'm now getting out of order times. My algorithm is as follows...

* If the "Message Contents" contains "C" use the last trade time.
* else if the "Message Contents" contains "b" use the bid time.
* else if the "Message Contents" contains "a" use the ask time.

This seems straight forward, but is obviously incorrect.
Could I receive a "Message Contents" with a "C" where the Bid or Ask time is after the trade time?
...or an "Message Contents" with a "b" but the ask time is greater than the bid time?

How should I use the "Message Contents" in general to figure out what timestamp to assign a quote?

IQFeed Developer Support » Access to Historical Data. Sep 6, 2017 05:08 PM (Total replies: 5)

So everything that is *not* premium should be available for historical download.

IQFeed Developer Support » Access to Historical Data. Sep 5, 2017 08:25 PM (Total replies: 5)

I have subscriptions to NYSE & NASDAQ, yet I notice I can get delayed ES futures quotes and download ES historical data. Yet I can't get Forex delayed or historical data. What are the rules for accessing historical data for exchanges to which one doesn't have a subscription?

IQFeed Developer Support » Odd Updates On SCOR Apr 25, 2017 02:39 PM (Total replies: 3)

Cool, thank you.

IQFeed Developer Support » Odd Updates On SCOR Apr 25, 2017 01:59 PM (Total replies: 3)

Some guidance would be appreciated.

IQFeed Developer Support » Odd Updates On SCOR Apr 24, 2017 01:33 PM (Total replies: 3)

I have a field set of: Symbol,Last,Bid,Ask,Most Recent Trade Size,Message Contents,Most Recent Trade Market Center,Bid Size,Ask Size

But I keep getting updates like this...
Q,SCOR,25.5000,,,600,C,3,,,

No bid, ask etc...is this a problem or something I should be coding for?

I concur, this would be a good idea.

IQFeed Developer Support » Tick data into OHLCV Apr 4, 2016 01:19 PM (Total replies: 22)

Cheers.

IQFeed Developer Support » Tick data into OHLCV Apr 4, 2016 12:45 PM (Total replies: 22)

'It appears this is related to an issue that occurred back in 2015 during our initial roll-out of microseconds'

Can you please expand on this...it kind of seems like a big deal.
How invalid is the post 2015 interval data?

IQFeed Developer Support » 5.2 Set Protocol. Feb 12, 2016 02:10 AM (Total replies: 2)

Figured it out, brain fade at this end.

IQFeed Developer Support » 5.2 Set Protocol. Feb 11, 2016 12:55 PM (Total replies: 2)

I'm using the new 5.2 client, I notice that when I send it a set protocol message with '5.2', it echos back '5.1'.
Is this expected?

IQFeed Developer Support » New Subscriptions. Jan 4, 2016 04:40 PM (Total replies: 1)

When I start logging out the news messages I'm getting, I'm seeing the 'BEN' stuff as expected, but I also see all sorts of other stuff. e.g. CBW, CIW, CPZ, CPR etc. Are these also free?

Sorry: I meant "News Subscriptions" in the title...
Edited by Craig on Jan 4, 2016 at 04:42 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » CMEMINI Time-Stamps Dec 4, 2015 03:53 PM (Total replies: 5)

Cool, ta.

IQFeed Developer Support » CMEMINI Time-Stamps Dec 4, 2015 11:13 AM (Total replies: 5)

K, thanks, and just to be sure I understand the symbols.
I would send @ES#C (for example), to get back adjusted history.
But watch @ES# in real-time.

IQFeed Developer Support » CMEMINI Time-Stamps Dec 4, 2015 11:00 AM (Total replies: 5)

I'm sure this information is on your site, but I can't seem to find it.
What time zone is the CMEMINI live and backfill data time-stamps in?

IQFeed Developer Support » Best practice question Sep 19, 2015 08:43 PM (Total replies: 2)

I don't know if this helps but I'm using the .NET socket classes in C# and I have roughly the same architecture and it seems to handle 100s of equity symbols just fine. I would start by optimizing the consuming logic (I'm assuming the program is written in some reasonably quick language).

IQFeed Developer Support » IVV Data 2015-Aug-24 Sep 19, 2015 08:08 PM (Total replies: 1)

This day was obviously particularly volatile, but looking at the tick backfill the opening 30 minutes looks completely messed up. Is this data actually correct? Certainly it looks nothing like the bar data.

IQFeed Developer Support » Most Recent Trade Size Sep 16, 2015 01:29 PM (Total replies: 6)

All good today. Thank you.

IQFeed Developer Support » Most Recent Trade Size Sep 15, 2015 01:17 PM (Total replies: 6)

Still happening today.

Q,MEOH,36.2000,35.6700,37.2000,,ba,5,200,500,
Q,PAAS,6.3600,6.3100,6.3900,,ba,5,500,100,
Q,GPOR,32.9000,31.5300,34.8500,,ba,5,200,200,

Time: Wed September 20, 2017 10:05 PM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003