Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Xyzzy
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 20, 2015 05:39 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Xyzzy has contributed to 10 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.05%) in 4,827 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Complete historical data for Eurex futures? Jan 20, 2015 05:39 PM (Total replies: 1)

I have a question concerning historical data for two futures on the Eurex exchange, the Euro Stoxx 50 Index Futures (EX#) and the SMI futures (SW#).

According to the information from the Eurex Exchange, both symbols actively trade from 7:50 - 22:00 CET. See the links below for reference:

http://www.eurexchange.com/exchange-en/products/idx/stx/blc/EURO-STOXX-50--Index-Futures/18954

http://www.eurexchange.com/exchange-en/products/idx/smi/SMI--Futures/19444

http://www.eurexchange.com/exchange-en/trading/trading-calendar/trading-hours/Trading-hours/58968?frag=137664

However, when I attempt to create a minute-based or tick-based chart for either symbol, the chart only shows historical data for the time period of 8:00 to 22:00 CET. In other words, the first ten minutes of the trading session seem to be missing. (This occurs using MultiCharts, with the data session set to "24/7.")

Is there perhaps some error with the historical data that's being offered? It seems that there should be complete data for the trading period from 7:50 - 22:00 CET.

Data and Content Support » Rollover dates for CBOT symbols Aug 4, 2013 02:27 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,

I have a concern about the rollover dates for the CBOT agricultural futures (e.g., corn, @C#, and soybeans, @S#). These are listed as "roll on expiration date" in the symbol guide:
http://www.iqfeed.net/symbolguide/index.cfm?symbolguide=guide&displayaction=support§ion=guide&web=iqfeed&guide=commod&web=IQFeed&symbolguide=guide&displayaction=support§ion=guide&type=cbot&type2=cbotmini&type3=cbot_gbx

I'm trying to use these symbols to backtest a strategy that runs on minute bars. The problem is that these contracts roll on their expiration date, but the volume for these contracts falls off a cliff roughly two weeks before the expiration, as traders move to the next contract. This means that the trading volume for these symbols is highly inconsistent.

With the continuous corn contract (@C#C), for example, the typical daily volume is roughly 100,000 contracts/day. However, this volume starts to decline one month before the rollover. By the last week, the volume is in the low thousands.

You can see this in the attached charts, which show daily bars and 5-minute bars for @C#C. In the daily chart, note how the volume falls consistently every two months, such as around late February/early March, late April/early May, and late June/early July.

The two five-minute charts show the bars for the period just before and just after the July rollover date. The "before" chart shows very low volume, with only a handful of trades and many bars with zero trades. The "after" chart shows normal volume, with hundreds of contracts per bar.

This inconsistent volume is a real problem for backtesting, particularly on minute-based bars. If I backtest a strategy on this data, then I'll get inconsistent results with the days that have low volume, since there isn't enough trading volume for any strategy to work on those days.

This could be fixed if the symbols had earlier rollover dates -- i.e., if they rolled over to the next contract around the time that the actual trading volume moves towards the next contract. (This seems to be about one month prior to the rollover date.)

Is there a reason that these symbols are set to "roll on expiration date"? Would it be possible to change this, or perhaps to create another set of symbols for these contracts that are the same, but have earlier rollover dates?

Thanks very much.
Edited by Xyzzy on Aug 4, 2013 at 02:29 PM
Edited by Xyzzy on Aug 4, 2013 at 02:31 PM

Data and Content Support » Incorrect daily bars for @TFS Sep 24, 2012 04:59 PM (Total replies: 5)

I misspoke -- actually, the daily bars are now showing a closing time of 15:15, not 16:15, even though they are showing closing prices as of 16:15. This could throw off the results for people who are using this data for backtesting. Could this be fixed, so that the daily bars show the correct closing time of 16:15?

Data and Content Support » Incorrect daily bars for @TFS Sep 24, 2012 04:45 PM (Total replies: 5)

Thanks Todd. I reloaded the data, and it looks like the timestamp has been updated to show "16:15" as the correct daily bar time.

Data and Content Support » Incorrect daily bars for @TFS Sep 22, 2012 05:17 PM (Total replies: 5)

I'm using IQFeed with MultiCharts. I noticed what appears to be a bug with the daily bars for both @TFS and @TFS#C.

Specifically, the daily bars appear to be reporting a "close" time of 18:00 Exchange Time (i.e., Eastern Time). However, the actual closing time should be 16:15 Eastern Time, as explained here:

"Daily Settlement: The volume-weighted average price of all electronic trades transacted in the closing session (16:14 to 16:15 ET)."

https://www.theice.com/productguide/ProductSpec.shtml;jsessionid=AA7E20A9A74CA75CAB1EF8635C4C39E2?specId=86

I.e., the official trading hours for this symbol are from 20:00 ET to 18:00 ET, but 16:15 ET is considered to be the official closing time. This is consistent with the other e-mini contracts, like @ES, which also close at 16:15 ET.

There might be similar problems for other ICE symbols -- I haven't checked.

Can this be fixed? Thank you.

To follow up on this post, is there any possibility that IQFeed could improve this and make additional minute data available for earlier time periods? I've spent some time backtesting a number of strategies, and this has been a real limitation for me. I've ended up purchasing additional ASCII data from third parties, which has been a real PITA.

It would be so much better if IQFeed could offer a few additional years of minute data itself. I'm not complaining -- you still seem to offer a large amount of historical data compared to other providers. However, if you could take it to the next level, you'd be even more awesome.

I currently have a server that is located at my home in Seattle. I'm using it to run an automated trading system using MultiCharts, with IQ Feed as my data provider and IB as my broker.

IB's servers are located in the New York City area (specifically, Greenwich, CT). Unfortunately, there's currently nearly 100 ms of latency between my current computer and the IB server at gw1.ibllc.com.

I'm considering having my server hosted someplace else, like at a data center in the New York City area, to minimize the ping. I'm not looking for a low-latency system per se, but I would like to eliminate any unnecessary lag between my server and the broker.

Based on the thread below, it appears that the IQ Feed servers are located in Denver. If this is the case, would there still be a significant benefit to having my server hosted elsewhere? E.g., if I had my server hosted in the New York City area, how much latency should I expect between Denver and New York? Alternatively, would it make more sense to have my server hosted in Denver, or someplace central like Chicago?

http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=3190

If any of the IQ Feed technical support people would have time to ping the IB server (gw1.ibllc.com) from their Denver location and report back, that would be great. That would give me some idea of the "best case" ping between Denver and New York.

For what it's worth, my strategy currently is mostly trading futures on CME Globex in Chicago. However, I think that my trades will still have to go through IB's severs in New York before they're routed by IB back to CME in Chicago. (Please correct me if I'm mistaken.)
Edited by Xyzzy on Feb 16, 2012 at 03:04 AM

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Exchange information Feb 19, 2011 11:08 PM (Total replies: 5)

Thanks again. It would be great if DTN could perhaps beef up the information on these pages to provide more explanation about each exchange.

Returning to the RUSSELL and RUSSELL-FL issues, MultiCharts requires me to define a new "Exchange" before importing these symbols. However, it also requires the trading hours before I can complete that process. ("Trading hours" might be a misnomer for indexes, but it wants to know the relevant hours of operations.)

I can't figure out what the hours are for the Russell indexes, either on the Russell website or elsewhere. Since many of the indexes are global, are they 24/7 indexes? If not, could you point me in the right direction for this information?

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Exchange information Feb 14, 2011 01:16 PM (Total replies: 5)

Than you very much, Jay and Steve. As a related question, I've generally had some difficulty figuring out details about what symbols and information are contained within each particular feed.

I've noticed that some of your competitors have fairly detailed information on their websites to describe this information, such as this page (with hyperlinks) from TradeStation:

http://www.tradestation.com/brokerage/market_data.shtm

Is there any chance that IQFeed could provide similar information on its website about what symbols and markets are included in specific fees? Or have I just missed that information? That would make it easier for me to find what I need, and make sure that I've ordered the right feeds.
Edited by Xyzzy on Feb 14, 2011 at 01:17 PM
Edited by Xyzzy on Feb 14, 2011 at 01:18 PM

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Exchange information Feb 6, 2011 11:01 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hello,

I'm trying to import various symbols into MultiCharts. When I attempt to import various "Index" symbols, I receive the following error message: "You must create exchanges first: NYLED, RUSSELL, RUSSELL-FL"

I understand that this means that MultiCharts doesn't recognize these three exchanges identified in the IQFeed list (namely NYLED, RUSSELL, and RUSSELL-FL), and that I need to define these exchanges manually so that the symbols will import correctly and be associated with these exchanges.

To do so, I need to provide certain information in MultiCharts, such as the full names and trading hours for these three exchanges. However, I can't find this information online. For example, I'm Googling for the name "NYLED," and I can't find any references for this exchange other than on the IQFeed website.

What do these three exchange names refer to, and how do I locate the full names and trading hours for these exchanges? Thanks much.

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 8:16 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003