Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: jonnyb
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 17, 2018 03:16 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
jonnyb has contributed to 112 posts out of 18775 total posts (0.60%) in 2,259 days (0.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

"We normally send emails for anything that will impact price, but all of these channels are good to have to ensure you are getting the most out of your IQFeed service."

Jay- was there a price increase in the annual API fee? Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » Questions on upgrading to protocol 6.0 Jun 21, 2018 07:28 PM (Total replies: 4)

If I update the iqfeed client to 6.0.0.4 and keep all of my existing code running on protocol 5.2 nothing should break, is that correct?

Curious why LabelAtBeginning became the default option for historical interval data? Seems like leaving LabelAtEnd as the default would have been less disruptive and prevented the need for digging through old code to add a field.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical data requests in 64-bit VBA Jun 10, 2018 07:36 PM (Total replies: 7)

I never did get around to this and now I've forgotten how to even begin. Is there an example somewhere showing VBA and historical data pulls? Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical options data May 22, 2018 01:46 PM (Total replies: 4)

Ok, figured it was trades only but thought I'd check. Thanks Tim.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical options data May 22, 2018 01:44 PM (Total replies: 4)

Is the historical option data for trades or bid/ask?

Apologies and please disregard the above. Looks like you can subscribe to forums as well. Thanks Jay.

Thanks. So, the forum email subscriptions are topic specific only? I don't think that would deliver future price changes (e.g. a new topic posted for the 2019 new year).

Can you please post a link for the account management portal? I'm not getting any price change emails, so I must have something off in there.

(Also, I'm an old dude and stay as far away as possible from twitterbook)
Edited by jonnyb on Mar 14, 2018 at 01:36 PM
Edited by jonnyb on Mar 14, 2018 at 01:36 PM

Hello,

I've just noticed the addition of "Extended Fundamental Data" to my bill. My understanding is that this is for dividend data. A few questions:

1) Is this historical dividend data or forward looking? If historical, how far back does it go?

2) While on the topic of historical fundamental data, is there a way to pull historical shares outstanding (or market cap) from the API?

3) Is it possible to subscribe to emails to anything posted in the products announcements forum (or wherever price increases are announced)? I feel like I'm always the last to know

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Dec 27, 2017 02:38 PM (Total replies: 37)

Wow, this thread is nearly four years old!?! I'll never understand why splits and divs weren't made available via two new API calls. They're coming soon anyway (presumably) and would allow the whiners (ME) to create daily bars from the intraday data and adjust however they see fit. It would shut some of us up at least!

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical OHLC bars for quotes (bid/ask)? May 1, 2017 10:13 AM (Total replies: 5)

That's great...didn't realize this was available. Thanks Tim

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical OHLC bars for quotes (bid/ask)? May 1, 2017 10:04 AM (Total replies: 5)

Tim- Is that NxCore?

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » IMBALANCE FEED, when ? Jan 10, 2017 07:40 PM (Total replies: 3)

Anything new on this front?

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Jan 10, 2017 04:22 PM (Total replies: 37)

Any update on this?

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Jun 14, 2016 02:24 PM (Total replies: 37)

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're trying to go back and undo the manual one-off adjustments that were made in this past? I can see why that would be tricky and I always assumed you were going to start fresh with a new dataset of raw EOD prices.

Perhaps as an interim step you would consider adding calls for historical divs and splits only? That would allow a user to recreate raw EOD prices from intraday bars and then adjust as they see fit. I get that the EOD history is likely deeper, which is why you're not taking this approach yourself.

Apologies if I've made some bad assumptions about the issue.

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Jun 14, 2016 02:04 PM (Total replies: 37)

Ok, fair enough. In my mind, this is simply three new api calls (raw prices, divs, split ratios) and it's done. The current EOD data/calls can remain as is.

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Jun 14, 2016 12:15 PM (Total replies: 37)

Checking in on the EOD data, divs, and splits improvements...anything in the works?

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Nov 12, 2015 09:34 AM (Total replies: 37)

Any updates in the works for EOD data, splits, divs?

Also, did the API fee go up this year? (didn't think this deserved its own thread)

IQFeed Developer Support » Daily Histories Missing Oct 23, 2015 12:13 PM (Total replies: 1)

I'm getting the data okay through the API now...HistoryViewer throws an error for a certain subset of these symbols for some reason. I don't really care about HV getting fixed, but I used it to check if there was a data problem and got a false positive. Anyhow, you can disregard this message for my purposes.

IQFeed Developer Support » Daily Histories Missing Oct 23, 2015 11:32 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hello- I'm unable to retrieve daily histories for several active ETFs (e.g. IWM, DUST, TWM, etc.). Is something going on with these? Thanks.

Data and Content Support » Understanding Historical Tick Data Jul 20, 2015 08:54 AM (Total replies: 5)

Thanks Tim

Time: Sun October 21, 2018 9:52 AM CFBB v1.2.0 0 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003