Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Glenn_B
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 17, 2005 07:55 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Glenn_B has contributed to 14 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.07%) in 7,091 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Tick history is not working Jan 17, 2005 07:55 AM (Total replies: 8)

Are you still experiencing problems or just this late at night?

Glenn Benes

Glenn Benes DTN Market Access, LLC.

IQFeed Developer Support » Trouble reconnecting Jan 14, 2005 12:46 PM (Total replies: 7)

You can send your log file to

The IP addresses/ports in the log pertain to IQConnect and the external servers. You cannot connect to them directly.

Like I said, according to the log snippit you posted, there isn't anything indicating a problem. For the next log please have it include the following sequence with the log level at 2.
RegisterClientApp and connect socket. Set a watch for MSFT. Send the disconnect. Reconnect. Finally, set a watch for MSFT again.

I will compare this to how it behaves for our apps.

Glenn Benes

Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Sep 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Trouble reconnecting Jan 14, 2005 09:27 AM (Total replies: 7)

Sorry for the delay in a response. It's easy to miss new questions in a forum.

What indications are you getting that the reconnect fails? After sending the CONNECT message are you receving back a "S,SERVER CONNECTED" message? After this, you need to set everything again (ie. watch list, news options, etc...). I don't see anything in your log indicating that the connect isn't working.

Glenn Benes

IQFeed Developer Support » Useful Functions in IQ32.dll Dec 21, 2004 04:05 PM (Total replies: 2)

Dennis,

The first five functions are documented and should be the only ones used by 3rd party apps.

The next five are used by IQConnect, since it also uses the DLL in order to be aware of app using it. These should not be used by 3rd party apps.

The last five functions are no longer used as they were for a product which IQFeed no longer supports. They may be removed in future releases.

Glenn Benes

I've noticed you have installed other applications which use the feed. Could you verify the location of IQConnect, based on the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTN\IQFeed\EXEDIR
If the IQ32.dll used by your program isn't the same one used by IQConnect, this error always happens.

Is this a situation where no programs will run or only one?

Glenn Benes

Does this behavior happen when using the sample VB apps? Are you using the COM interface along with the ActiveX or sockets? I'll try reproducing the error today but a little more information would help.

Glenn Benes

IQFeed Developer Support » Error: Unable to Connect to History Socket Dec 7, 2004 02:24 PM (Total replies: 6)

Have you installed any products recently which utilize IQFeed? Check the registry entry EXEDIR under \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTN\IQFeed. It should be pointing to the directory you installed IQFeed. Reinstalling the IQFeed package will correct your registry settings. Let me know if this helps.

Glenn Benes

What language are you programming in? In order to start IQConnect, you need to be able to call the RegisterClientApp and RemoveClientApp functions in IQ32.dll. If you are using C++, linking the library IQ32.lib and including the IQ32.h header in your project gives you access to the dll. If you are using a language which doesn't utilize .lib files, you need to import the calls into your program. Use the IQ32.h file to see the usage of these functions.
For example, in C#:
[DllImport("IQ32.dll")]
public static extern int RegisterClientApp(IntPtr hClient, string szProductName,
string szProductKey, string szProductVersion);

You need to make sure your .exe is in the same directory as IQConnect.exe so the dll will load properly or add this directory to your path. For the ProductName, be sure to use the name you registered when you set up your account.

After registering your app, all data can be retrieved via TCP ports, the ActiveX control, or the COM interface.

When the IQConnect asks for your login information, you can select "Automatically Connect". This can also be set programatically using the SetAutoLogin and ClearAutoLogin functions.

Glenn Benes

IQFeed Developer Support » Error: Unable to Connect to History Socket Dec 6, 2004 12:40 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hi,

Could you provide a few more details. What type of error message are you receiving? Have you verified with customer service that there isn't a problem with your account again? What symbol are you using or is this on all that you try?

Glenn Benes

I apologize for not having responded before now. I have been looking into this problem since your post and found it is a problem with our quote provider. EUREX does not transmit a complete quote with it's trade update. They send each piece (volume, bid/ask) separately. Apparently, this confuses their system resulting in the misinterpretation of the data. Please bear with us. We are in the process of replacing our feed source.

Glenn Benes

IQFeed Developer Support » News story retrieval Dec 3, 2004 03:20 PM (Total replies: 8)

David,

Thanks for the log detail. I was able to verify that the server isn't the source of the problem. However, I no longer can reproduce the problem on my side. Do you have a log file from IQFeed? Set the log detail to 4 and send the log file to
Thanks.

Glenn Benes

Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Sep 19, 2011 at 10:59 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » News story retrieval Dec 1, 2004 10:21 AM (Total replies: 8)

David,

I was having a hard time reproducing this error until I tried sending the request manually. The only way I was able to get a ..NONE.. result was by having a space between the request story token and the story ID. Instead of "NN:6422938:YYY:20040101;" I sent "NN: 6422938:YYY:20040101;", causing the retrieval to fail. Could you log the actual text of your request and let me know what is being sent? BTW, as long as the correct story ID is sent, the provider type and date are ignored.

Glenn Benes

Edited by DTN_Glenn_B on Dec 1, 2004 at 10:37 AM
Edited by DTN_Glenn_B on Dec 1, 2004 at 10:39 AM
Edited by DTN_Glenn_B on Dec 1, 2004 at 10:43 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » best bid, best offer Nov 29, 2004 09:25 AM (Total replies: 1)

The best bid and best offer are returned in the Streaming Quote Update message. To get these updates, you need to set a watch for the symbols you are interested in. Yes, this may be more information than you are looking for, but this is the only place you will receive the best bid/offer. In the documentation, this is listed as the bid/ask (which is the best bid and ask at the time of the trade).

Glenn Benes

IQFeed Developer Support » News story retrieval Nov 29, 2004 09:05 AM (Total replies: 8)

David,

In testing, I have found that the "..NONE.." message gets returned if the previous message hasn't been fully read from the TCP port. This isn't necessarily a flaw in your logic for reading the port but rather an inherant behavior of the TCP transfer protocol. If a TCP packet is received out of order, the protocol waits until the proper packet is received(transparent to the upper level of the protocol). In other words, when you read the socket to retrieve the story, not all of it may be there. This gives you an incomplete story which you may or may not notice. The next time you make a request and try to read the port, the rest of the story is still there. This begins to mess up the port and so IQConnect gets invovled, flushes the port, and sends the ..NONE.. message instead.

Now, how to get around this. The key is to make sure all of every message has been retrieved. You can do this by making sure you have received the "!ENDMSG!" token or at the very least, make sure the last byte you receive is a new-line character. If you haven't received all of the message, read the port again and append the buffer. The rest of the message may not instantly be there so it's better to be doing this inside of a worker thread.

This problem really can't be resolved by increasing your TCP buffer size since if all of the packets aren't there then they can't be read.

I hope this helps.

Glenn Benes
-------------------------------------------------------

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 2:19 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003