Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: mlsignups
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 26, 2007 03:17 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
mlsignups has contributed to 15 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.07%) in 6,651 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Futures data always delayed Jul 26, 2007 03:17 PM (Total replies: 1)

I've just started watching futures and I notice that my futures data (for instance S&P) is always behind, whereas my market data is up to date.

Using interactive brokers I have ES as the symbol, globex as the exchange and SEP07 Futures.

I'm watching @ES# and/or +SP# from iqfeed and the links are always behind.

This wasn't just today but has been every day. I'm using both amibroker and quotetracker and the data is the same in both

according to the diagnostic tool I am attached to 66.112.156.213

Any suggestions?

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » new version Jul 2, 2007 07:58 AM (Total replies: 1)

A while back on another thread I asked about speed of backfill and have not used the product much for the last year due to speed and backfill issues.

Starting last wsek I used it again along w/ AmiBroker and it is tremendously better, to the point where I hope to move a few different data subscriptions over.

My concern is last week was great; today and over the weekend I am having trouble backfilling symbols. (I use AmiBroker). Some symbols come right up; others just won't fill. Amibroker gives me a small status window for fills and many say "ready" but many others say "added.". I had no issues at all last week so I wasn't sure if there were issues w/ the servers this weekend or this morning.

Thanks

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » thanks Jul 31, 2006 03:24 PM (Total replies: 2)

Unfortunately not. THe backfill speed for a number of symbols is annoying but I could live w/ it. Unfortunately the dependability does not work well for me w/ AmiBroker. I have had much better success w/ another data feed. Its more expensive and I'd rather give you the business but I originally brought these issues up many months ago and things still don't work as they should.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » thanks Jul 25, 2006 06:12 PM (Total replies: 2)

I didn't notice a big difference but I'll try again.

I just tested on a 3.2GHZ dual core machine and it takes me about 10 seconds to download 1 minute signals for as far back as I can go. By way of comparison another vendors took about 6 seconds on the same machine. I think one of the big differences is that their seems to fill in most recent to older so the stuff you are looking at appears onscreen almost immediately then the older stuff fills in. Much more visually appealing.

I will test this further in the next few days. One problem I seem to have is when I put say 100 new symbols in a database and am trying to get the backfill data for even 20 days or so for all symbols quickly. In the past IQFEED seems to have bogged down for me w/ AmiBroker; even getting stuck on some symbols.

I will try that again w/ the new client.

Thanks

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » new feed client Jul 17, 2006 07:44 PM (Total replies: 10)

Noticed today there was a new client software as of 7/6 on the site.

I've had some problems in the past w/ backfilling speed as well as AmiBroker problems (both of which I"ve posted). Do you know if this new update solves any of these issues? Can you share how this new version is different?

Thanks

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » How much historical data Jul 16, 2006 03:05 PM (Total replies: 1)

I have an IQFEED account for real time.

Using this product how far back can I go to get historical 1 minute data? How much is available from IQFEED?

Thanks

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Crashing AmiBroker May 17, 2006 06:22 PM (Total replies: 1)

2 Things.

1. In March I put up a post about the speed of the backfill compared to Esignal and other sources. You acknowledged the issue and said it would be among top priorities to fix. Any progress?

2. More importantly.... In AmiBroker in addition to having a stock displayed in the main window you can build a scan which runs through a watchlist looking for a signal. I have managed to write some code that when run w/ IQFEED crashes AmiBroker. It does not Crash when I run the code w/ Esignal (which I'm trying to get rid of but so far you arn't making it easy...). I was running a trace routine and so far the only thing I can find is that at times while the scan is running (and sequentially filling or backfilling a series of tickers) and I click on the active window which causes this to refresh it's data - the two seperate requests for data (one from the scan and one from the main window) seem to get confused and I get information in the scan that should have been sent to the main window. I don't know if you can understand this but it is clearly some problem with how AmiBroker and IQFEED are pulling in data during a scan. I'm hoping you can talk to AmiBroker as I've sent them multiple messages to see if you can resolve the issue.

Mike

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » 1 minute bars Mar 29, 2006 08:15 PM (Total replies: 1)

I loaded up some new stocks today and tried to backfill the maximum amount of data tonight (around 9pm est) and I am only getting about 31000 bars, which is only about 60 days or so. My understanding is that I should be getting 120 days or so. The settings I have seem correct as I was able to get more data by switching to my other data provider.

Am I correct in that I should be able to get 50000+ bars of back data on a 1 minute basis if I try to load a symbol?

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » speed of backfill Mar 29, 2006 08:14 PM (Total replies: 12)

For what it's worth, I noticed something tonight.

At least in AmiBroker...

When Esignal backfills it seems to give you the most current data first, so it appears on the screen almost instantly and then it seems to backfill backwards from there.

Your system just sits w/ a blank screen until all the data is there (I think) then it all fills in.

The speed issue may be somewhat perception but I'd still like to know if you believe you are making any progress on this.

Jay:

I have a few questions for you about this.

1. I subscribe to the IQFEED data feed right now because I need the data stream for use w/ AmiBroker. If I "upgrade" to this product I understand the product would have the data stream embedded but would I still be able to access the data from AmiBroker using the client interface?

2. In Tradestation I can add a custom column to their "radarscreen", which is a list of symbols you are tracking. For instance, I have one that shows me how much above (or below) the current price is from the higher of the 50 day MA and the 20 day MA. Can I customize columns like this?

3. Similarly I have many custom indicator graphs in use, for instance one graph that include not only the volume but a few moving averages of the volume. Can I do that here?

Thanks

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » speed of backfill Mar 23, 2006 08:42 AM (Total replies: 12)

The last 2 days I've tried downloading 1 minute backfill at about 8:30am or 9am for about 20 days of backfill & the speed was pretty good (previously I had tried a longer backfill).

I don't know if you changed anything, if it is time of day, or quantity of info.

Mike

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » speed of backfill Mar 15, 2006 07:46 PM (Total replies: 12)

Thanks. It seems that if other backfilles (Esignal, Tradestation) happen much faster there should be something you guys can do.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » speed of backfill Mar 15, 2006 07:10 PM (Total replies: 12)

I use AmiBroker as my front end and when I backfill 60 or 90 days (1 minute data) on a stock from Esignal (which I still have but would like to get rid of) it takes 1 or 2 seconds to fill in, while my IQ Feed can take at least 10 seconds or longer. When you are trying to backfill a bunch of stocks this is quite painful.

Do you have any suggestions that might increase the download speed and/or is this something you are aware of and/or working on?

Thanks

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 9:03 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003