Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Access to beta client download -- anybody?
Author Topic: Access to beta client download -- anybody? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

glatiak
-Interested User-

Revelations In Stillness

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 06:41 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
Since it was posted I have tried to download the new beta client 4.4.0.1. But the download repeatedly fails at roughly 3mb of 3.6mb. The message IE provides is 'connection reset by remote server'. Firefox is a bit clearer in that it says 'read error on source file'. I have sent repeated emails to support -- ignored save for the first which was 'we know of no problems with this download'.

Has anyone been able to download this client? And if so, by what means?

Thanks.

GregL

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 07:20 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hello Gregory, I have sent you replies with a copy of the beta IQFeed attached back on the 15th of April. In my email it shows it being sent to you. Also I have replied to your emails that have come in since the 14th of which was the first one you sent us with this problem. I have attached a compressed file with IQFeed 4.4.0.1 in it to try. I have downloaded this beta several times from the website with no problems even from my home pc. Go ahead and download the zip file to your desktop then extract the IQFeed setup executable and see what happens.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

File Attached: iqfeed_client_4_4_0_1.zip (downloaded 1659 times)

glatiak
-Interested User-

Revelations In Stillness

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 09:04 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
A thousand pardons. Next time I have this sort of problem I will check my Sonicwall Firewall first. The latest gateway antivirus definition update classifies your client as a WinVNC-based Trojan so was blocking it. After disabling the firewall I was able to download ok. Thank you.

GregL

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 09:59 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Hello Gregory, great I never thought that a firewall would think that the software would be a trojan, I will definetly keep that in mind in case anyone else has this same problem. Generally the firewall will prompt you to allow access when you start the download process to install the IQFeed. If you have any other problems or questions please let us know.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 10:21 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
Just to claify this a bit, the beta installer is being detected as a winVNC based trojan as a side effect the new RemoteHelp component that is installed with IQFeed. It is important to note that this is a result of simply including the RemoteHelp.exe in the installation files. It is not actually a virus and it is not executed unless you (the customer) are requesting Remote Assistance from one of our support personel.

We are modifying the installer in our next beta release so that the Remote Help compnent no longer installs with the download. Instead it will be downloaded from our website "on demand" when the user clicks on the remote assistance support option.

It is very much a possibility that your antivirus would detect the RemoteHelp component as a threat at the point of download but since you will most likely be on the phone with one of our customer service representatives at this point, they should be able to resond to any concerns you might have.

Thank you for your help in tracking this down.

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 11:43 PM CFBB v1.2.0 17 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003