Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Reconnect Issue
Author Topic: Reconnect Issue (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mhenshaw
-Interested User-

Posted: May 6, 2008 04:24 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
IQ can not reconnect if IQ is closed out and reopen latter in the day. Error message 10061 appears. The only way to resolve this issue is reboot the computer which is too time consuming and not an appropriate solution.

Full message: "Asynchronous Socket Error: Socket Connect Error - Error Number 10061"

I have un-installed and re-installed IQ version 2.4.8.8 and also tried the beta version 2.5.0.2. The same issue happens with both products.

Both products first login just fine but when I go to click Snap Quote, Portfolio, the message appears. Plus no other module displays any information, except the New module will work just fine.

This issue is happing on at least two computers I know of.

How do I fix this issue?

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: May 6, 2008 04:47 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
Mhenshaw
Can you give me more detail on:
What apps are running at the time, time and sales, watch list, charts or snap quote.
how long after you close out do you try to reopen the software?
Any other software running on this system at the same time?
Your comfiguration, router, modem, service (cable or DSL) and computer hardware speeds.
The more information we have the more able to figure this out.
Thank you.

mhenshaw
-Interested User-

Posted: May 6, 2008 06:03 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
The computers runs ACT 2006, Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 2.0, Java Web Applets, and a Telnet Terminal. The computers are P4 2.4GHz with at least 1GB RAM.

If I close out and go back in right away the error message appears or even if I wait an hour or two.

All of the applications listed above or an assortment of the applications are running while IQ is running.

The firewall is configured to allow IQ connection to the network on the personal computers. They are just running Windows XP Pro SP2 firewall.

The internet is a T1 connection with a Microsoft ISA 2004 firewall. The firewall / router is configured to allow all internal network traffic to the internet. The firewall is configured for NAT.

I have check the process under task manger and there are no open IQ after I close out of the IQ application. I also have cleared out the ARP tables on the firewall / router and workstation and also cleared out the DNS cache on both devices. I ping the logon server and the response times are average without any packet loss.

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: May 7, 2008 08:15 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Hello mhenshaw,
Is there any way that we can get a snapshot of the error message that you are getting?? We need to see this that way we can get a better idea of what may be causing this error. Also when you check the taskmanager processes tab is DTNIQ.exe gone as well as IQConnect.exe?? When you did the uni-install and reinstall did you try removing the folders for DTNIQ as well or did you just un-install and reinstall?? What we may want to try on one of the computers is doing a complete wipe of DTNIQ and IQFeed off of the computer and reinstall it. To do this I would recommend either contacting us at the number below or contacting us via are chat at www.dtniq.com or www.iqfeed.net and click on the Customer Service Chat screen.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

Edited by DTN_CurtisT on May 7, 2008 at 08:18 AM

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 5:21 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003