Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTNIQ Client Software Wish List »iqconnect.exe & iqconnect_console.exe
Author Topic: iqconnect.exe & iqconnect_console.exe (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

traps
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 02:38 PM          Msg. 1 of 11
Hi,

Could we please get a version of iqconnect.exe which doesn't bring up a window when connecting? Ideally it would be another executable called something like iqconnect_console.exe.

Why? To make it easy to run on Linux. Currently, iqconnect.exe brings up a window when connecting and thus you have to installed a ton of extract packages to run Xvfb. If we had a console version, all this extra weight and complexity wouldn't be needed.

Thanks a lot,

Adam

jrodrigo
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 04:51 PM          Msg. 2 of 11
That could be very nice indeed.

AlphaRider
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 10:54 AM          Msg. 3 of 11
I would like to run IQFeed in a Docker container, either Windows or Linux. Please provide a non-GUI based IQFeed installer and runtime.

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 09:49 AM          Msg. 4 of 11
Thank you for the request. I will pass this information on to our Product Development.

Stephen Shockey | Telvent DTN LLC | Trading Markets | United States |Customer Service Technical Support
Email: support@iqfeed.net

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 03:50 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
Yes, this would be very helpful. Either a command line argument to disable the GUI or a non-GUI version of the exe. Is it coming?

DTN_mark_e
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 05:31 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
Andrew,
Your question has been forwarded to management and product development.

Mark Eash, Trading Markets Customer Service DTN
9110 West Dodge Rd, Ste 200, Omaha, Ne 68114
800-397-7000 (DTNIQ & IQFEED) | 402-255-3682 (Fax)
www.dtn.com/trading | www.dtniq.com | http://www.iqfeed.net

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 06:50 AM          Msg. 7 of 11
Thanks everyone for posting your suggestions and feedback. While we won't be providing a non-GUI version of DTN IQFeed, we do have plans to make IQFeed run more easily in cross platform environments. It's in the early stages at this time but is on our Roadmap.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

darkpool
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 05:00 AM          Msg. 8 of 11
That's great. Very glad to hear IQFeed is taking note of the large user base it has of linux users.

Although iqfeed works on Linux using Wine it is a bloated and unfortunate solution. First prize would be a non GUI version. Simply run it from the terminal with your login details,...done!

AlphaRider
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 11:45 AM          Msg. 9 of 11
Hi, can you provide update on this?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 12:53 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
A cross platform version of IQFeed continues to be on the roadmap. IQFeed will continue to be a GUI based product however as the exchanges continue to tighten their fee structure around non-display applications. While there are users who would like to build non-display applications off our service, you would be required to pay thousands of dollars per month to the exchanges for the privilege. Unless the exchanges change their tune and create more trader friendly fee structures, our plan is to continue providing our display applications in order to provide service to a broader audience.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 04:50 PM          Msg. 11 of 11
If you don't want the GUI in a Linux version you could use some xserver that just discards the display updates. If the UI is text/console based or graphical should not concern the exchange.

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 9:39 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003