Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments
Author Topic: EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments (42 messages, Page 2 of 2)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 09:34 AM          Msg. 31 of 42
We do not have these unfortunately.

We are continuing to work towards being able to provide you with un-adjusted data and we will let everyone know how to retrieve it as soon as it is available.

Tim

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 05:16 PM          Msg. 32 of 42
Ok but (correct me if I'm wrong) you don't tell people. Unless someone reads this forum thread, they'll think your data is right. But you know it's wrong. You have an obligation to disclose that, no? If you've applied some of the adjustments to some of the symbols, some of the time then you've invalidated the dataset for research purposes.
You might even open the firm up to liability for someone's losses if they allege you knowingly sold invalid data upon which they relied.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 08:54 AM          Msg. 33 of 42
Good morning,

The ability to tailor history to meet personal desires for dividend and split inclusion is certainly something we would like to add. We are actively looking at methods to resolve the gap between what we currently have and what you and others are asking for, but that work is just not ready to release. As soon as we have something we will post it, but there is nothing immediate that I can offer you to resolve this.

Tim

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 02:38 PM          Msg. 34 of 42
Wow, this thread is nearly four years old!?! I'll never understand why splits and divs weren't made available via two new API calls. They're coming soon anyway (presumably) and would allow the whiners (ME) to create daily bars from the intraday data and adjust however they see fit. It would shut some of us up at least!

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 05:14 PM          Msg. 35 of 42
And I think the subject was brought up in a thread much earlier than this one. I'd hate to be the guy who thought it was a good idea to fix how some charts appeared after splits by overwriting values in the EOD historical data archive. Oops.

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 10:00 PM          Msg. 36 of 42
Can IQ Feed even tell us the most recent date this retroactive adjustment process was employed? If we just knew that we would know that data going forward of this date can be trusted.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 08:47 AM          Msg. 37 of 42
Good morning,

We have continued to process these when customer demand has been present, so I do not have a specific date for you of when the last time was. I will say the last ones that I know of were, one in 2016 and two in 2014, but the potential for me to have missed one certainly exists.

We realize this is not the answer that you want or need. But, we do have multiple avenues being explored to attempt to enhance our offering to better meet your need. There is simply not an easy answer that is available to us currently and it will take more time to resolve. I do not know how much more time that will be.

Tim

almoniyot
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 04:14 PM          Msg. 38 of 42
Tim,

I have been considering subscribing to DTN and the lack of adjustment for dividends is what has stopped me. Makes analysis using EOD data meaningless.

Thanks,
Prospective customer

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 22, 2019 03:14 PM          Msg. 39 of 42
Any update on this? Thanks.

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 22, 2019 03:23 PM          Msg. 40 of 42
Please email me at stephen.shockey@dtn.com with your IQ User ID or Login and I will followup on it tomorrow morning and provide an exact answer.

Stephen Shockey
Customer Support Representative

DTN
800-779-7299
stephen.shockey@dtn.com

9110 W Dodge Rd
Omaha NE 68114, USA
www.dtn.com

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 22, 2019 03:41 PM          Msg. 41 of 42
Thanks Stephen. Just shot you an email.

bbmat
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 06:43 AM          Msg. 42 of 42
Any update on this? Are dividend data and adjustments available now?

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 4:45 AM CFBB v1.2.0 17 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003