Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Level 1 Data on BM&F Bovespa
Author Topic: Level 1 Data on BM&F Bovespa (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

pedro01
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 05:32 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Hi

I've been going back and forth with a client over the amount of trades "between" the bid offer based on the IQFeed level 1 feed from BM&F Bovespa. That has involved discussions with the exchange.

Let me show an example.

This screen shot is from the exchange.

As you can see from the book, we have 8 offers at 3122.50 totaling 45 contracts.

On the right, we see on the audit trail, a buy side order come in for 50 hitting into 3122.50. So the transactions took place at the offer price of 3122.50.

Bovespa explained that a buy order (ID 74261032171) come in on 11:11:51.366 and consumed eight sell orders (ID 74261031869 until 74261032159).

After that, there remained 5 lot of original buy order. Then a sell order (ID 742610312175) come in and consumed it.

Now we look at the data from IQFeed (using Ninja).

We can see a couple of things.

1 - when the order came in @ 22.50, the bid/ask according to IQFeed is 22.5/23. It's as if the bid/ask got updated before we got the order message and not vice-versa. So what should have been "at ask 22.50" is shown at bid 22.50

2 - We can see the top order on time & sales is reported between the bid/ask when Bovespa are saying otherwise.

We've been through a lot of these scenarios over the past weeks and I think there is a glitch in the data which is causing both between trades that are not between as well as trades reported at bid that are really at ask.

I would not be reporting this if I had not gone through it with my client and also had him walk through the trades with the exchange.

Is this something you could take a look at?

Thanks

Pete
Edited by pedro01 on Jun 9, 2015 at 11:24 PM

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 06:37 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hello Pete, I have forwarded your questions to our Market Data Services Dept. for further investigation. As soon as we hear back from them tomorrow we will let you know what we find out.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 10:19 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Pete
I have sent a email to your email address with some information and questions on some material needed to help resolve this issue.

pedro01
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 10:18 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Hi

I replied to your emails but didn't get any further responses.

Could you give me an update please?

Cheers

Pete

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 02:14 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Pedor01

I apologize for the delay. My data department could not verify conclusively the data your displaying. Is there any way you can give us more current data that we can work with on our end?
We need more information. Anything you can give us to help.
Thank you

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 6:42 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003