Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: quietnote
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 14, 2023 05:16 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
quietnote has contributed to 10 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.05%) in 503 days (0.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Miscellaneous Messages » Support for Linux API for the datafeed? Oct 14, 2023 05:16 PM (Total replies: 33)

That said, I just use wine and it works well (on linux, while using the native X11 graphical desktop on DISPLAY=:10). This works just fine. I messed with Xvfb for a long time before giving up on it and deciding just to use the real X11 display server that is already running. That is much more reliable that Xvfb.

Miscellaneous Messages » Support for Linux API for the datafeed? Oct 14, 2023 05:06 PM (Total replies: 33)

The context here is that the CME charges vastly more licensing fees for non-display applications, which a linux native connector would probably be considered. So its not really DTN's call, but rather CME's, and DTN is doing its best to avoid having the licensing fees go up massively, which would price the product out of most all of the current customer's reach.

Considering that NinjaTrader wrote their own direct to IQFeed client that avoids having to run iqconnect.exe at all, it cannot be that difficult to do yourself if you really want it; not to be too snarky but those Ninja devs are just not that impressive as coders.

Miscellaneous Messages » Sequential Level1 and Level2 updates. Sep 21, 2023 05:38 PM (Total replies: 19)

Maybe we'll get lucky, and they will add both the sequence tag AND the OrderID to the level1 trade prints. :)

Miscellaneous Messages » Sequential Level1 and Level2 updates. Sep 21, 2023 05:36 PM (Total replies: 19)

I don't know their internal architecture, so I figured it is worth asking. Maybe OrderID is much easier for some reason.

Attaching CME feed documents that show that the OrderID should be available to all new trade messages.[1]

[1] Reference https://www.cmegroup.com/confluence/display/EPICSANDBOX/MDP+3.0+-+Market+Data+Incremental+Refresh+Tag+Usage

@aQuant: feel free to private message me, if you'd like, and we can compare notes. I'm not saying OrderID on level1 trade prints would get you all the additional information that might possibly be available, but for my purposes in analyzing stop runs and icebergs, I think it suffices.

Miscellaneous Messages » Sequential Level1 and Level2 updates. Sep 21, 2023 03:51 PM (Total replies: 19)

I've been looking at it, and I think all that is needed is to add the OrderID to the level1 trade prints; as an optional field.

In other words, the same OrderID that appears on the MBO summary, adds, updates, deletes... if that OrderID could be made available on the level1 ticks, then doing the rest at the user end would be pretty straight forward.

So perhaps this would be a much easier ask than the tag stuff. Perhaps? Worth asking at least...

Thank you so much.

Kindest regards.

Miscellaneous Messages » Sequential Level1 and Level2 updates. Sep 16, 2023 10:56 AM (Total replies: 19)

For doing iceberg and stop run analysis using MarketByOrder data, the Rithmic data feed product is superior to IQFeed because of the lack of the feature requested in this thread.

To connect the dots, this post

https://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=6982

in which Gary Stephen says

> Beyond that I'd need to know more about what Bookmap claims IQFeed doesn't do.

is entirely understood to mean that IQFeed lacks the feature requested by aQuant in 2014... i.e.

IQFeed does not allow us, yet (hopefully soon?), to directly correlate the level1 trade execution history with the changes in the level 2 book.

It would be great to give this priority.

Thank you.

New IQFeed Forum » iqconnect crashes under wine on zeromq exception Dec 6, 2022 10:21 AM (Total replies: 4)

root cause was: Xvfb-run will fill up the /tmp/X$i-lock files and then quietly send your X session into garbage land. I now avoid Xvfb-run and just figure out a free DISPLAY for Xvfb myself and then everything works again. Avoid Xvfb-run is my recommendation; its a garbage bash script. Just use Xvfb directly.

New IQFeed Forum » iqconnect crashes under wine on zeromq exception Dec 5, 2022 05:41 AM (Total replies: 4)

nevermind. I'm not sure what the root cause was, but it seems to be related to X11 stuff under wine and not to iqconnect.

New IQFeed Forum » iqconnect crashes under wine on zeromq exception Dec 5, 2022 03:29 AM (Total replies: 4)

Ah. I see from the zeromq socket.cpp line number indicated that problem has nothing to do with the stack overflow issue which is distinct and so should be ignored; from reading the zeromq source:
https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/blob/538e5d47421f45d88a8b3b005ed9ee4026623a7b/src/select.cpp#L170

Anyway. I'm on ubuntu 18.04 using Wine 3.6.1, specifically:

ii fonts-wine 3.0-1ubuntu1 all Windows API implementation - fonts
ii libkwineffects11:amd64 4:5.12.9.1-0ubuntu0.1 amd64 KDE window manager effects library
ii libwine-development:amd64 3.6-1 amd64 Windows API implementation - library
ii libwine-development:i386 3.6-1 i386 Windows API implementation - library
ii playonlinux 4.3.4 all This program is a front-end for wine.
ii wine-development 3.6-1 all Windows API implementation - standard suite
ii wine32-development:i386 3.6-1 i386 Windows API implementation - 32-bit binary loader
ii wine64-development 3.6-1 amd64 Windows API implementation - 64-bit binary loader
ii winetricks 0.0+20180217-1 all package manager for Wine to install software easily

New IQFeed Forum » iqconnect crashes under wine on zeromq exception Dec 4, 2022 06:32 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hello DTN!

I've been running iqconnect.exe just fine under wine, with an X11server for gui, until recently it stopped working. When I investigated, I see it throwing an exception inside zeromq.cpp:

Assertion failed: Socket operation on non-socket (C:\Source\IQClient\Shared\third_party\zeromq\zeromq-4.0.5\src\select.cpp:170

It appears there may be a bad cast in the code -- see the stackoverflow below.

Or perhaps there is another reason for this?

Please advise. Thank you.

# export DISPLAY=:1; /usr/bin/wine /root/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/DTN/IQFeed/iqconnect.exe

fixme:module:load_library unsupported flag(s) used (flags: 0x00000800)
fixme:module:load_library unsupported flag(s) used (flags: 0x00000800)
fixme:nls:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000038, 0x23fa94, 0x23fab0 0x23fa90
fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x38 0x23fa94 0x23fab0 0x23fa90) returning a dummy value (current locale)
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__stdio_common_vsnwprintf_s options 24 not handled
fixme:module:load_library unsupported flag(s) used (flags: 0x00000060)
fixme:nls:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000038, 0x23d844, 0x23d860 0x23d840
fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x38 0x23d844 0x23d860 0x23d840) returning a dummy value (current locale)
fixme:nls:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000038, 0x23d7b4, 0x23d7d0 0x23d7b0
fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x38 0x23d7b4 0x23d7d0 0x23d7b0) returning a dummy value (current locale)
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__stdio_common_vsprintf options 26 not handled
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__stdio_common_vsprintf_s options 24 not handled
fixme:wer:WerRegisterFile (L"C:\\users\\root\\My Documents\\DTN\\IQFeed\\IQConnectLog.txt", 2, 0) stub!
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__stdio_common_vfprintf options 24 not handled
fixme:wer:WerRegisterFile (L"C:\\users\\root\\My Documents\\DTN\\IQFeed\\IQConnectLog.txt", 2, 0) stub!
Assertion failed: Socket operation on non-socket (C:\Source\IQClient\Shared\third_party\zeromq\zeromq-4.0.5\src\select.cpp:170)
wine: Unhandled exception 0x40000015 in thread 2e at address 0x7b44f037 (thread 002e), starting debugger...

root@host: ~/.wine/drive_c/users/root/My Documents/DTN/IQFeed^G

root@host:~/.wine/drive_c/users/root/My Documents/DTN/IQFeed# cat IQConnectLog.txt
cat IQConnectLog.txt
=== IQConnect Log File Opened On Sun Dec 04 23:36:52 ===
Current Log Levels,Connectivity,Information,Admin
Current IQFeed Version,6.2.0.25
STATUS Connectivity 43 0 2022-12-04 23:36:52 Creating trader account verification thread. Status idle
STATUS Connectivity 45 0 2022-12-04 23:36:52 Initializing the login thread
STATUS Information 44 0 2022-12-04 23:36:52 Unable to start Authentication Server. Error (13): Permission denied

root@host:~/.wine/drive_c/users/root/My Documents/DTN/IQFeed#

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44229404/why-zeromq-poll-throws-an-error-socket-operation-on-non-socket

Given ZeroMQ API / C++ binding documentation recommends to do so, one ought follow a practice to:

To obtain a ØMQ socket for use in a zmq_pollitem_t structure, you should cast an instance of the socket_t class to (void *).

comment:
I've always thought that this is a nasty little thing in the C++ bindings. It relies on the first member variable in the zmq::socket_t class being the C zm\
q socket. If you edit the definition of zmq::socket_t to change the member variable order it breaks stuff, badly. –
bazza
May 29, 2017 at 22:29

comment:
Good to know, thanks for user3666197's answer. Although cast an object to a void* pointer making me feel weired zmq reference with an example –
r0n9
Feb 16, 2018 at 3:01

comment:
Instead of C-style casting you can use socket_t::operator void*() explicitly –
stijn
May 16, 2019 at 16:43

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 8:34 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003