Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: markzielinski
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 25, 2018 05:55 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
markzielinski has contributed to 3 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.01%) in 2,196 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I looked at HDT/HDX in more detail and saw these are providing the daily values back instead of ticks so this could actually work great for what I need since it should be fairly quick with multiple symbols. Thanks for the suggestion!

That makes sense and I do retrieve historical data when displaying a chart of course. However I don't use historical data for market watch lists for example which is where I frequently see this happen on non-trading days and where it is probably the most visible with this situation. In this case I am just retrieving the current values taken from the most recent update/summary messages and updating those as new update/summary messages come in, which would be similar to streaming quotes. Having the ability to retrieve the previous trading day's open, high, low, close and so on would be ideal as I could simply reference those if the values for the current day haven't been set yet or if it's a non-trading day.

As part of the initialization of the watch list, I could retrieve the last trading day's historical data for each symbol in the watch list but I see several potential issues with this. For one, it would be really inefficient to retrieve a whole day's worth of data for each symbol that the user is watching to simply process all of that data to figure out what the open, high, low, close etc was for that day. Plus, the exchange sometimes picks a different open/close value and these won't always exactly match the first and last tick of the day with the data that we see. It's often close but not always the same, so being able to use the values directly provided by the exchange would be better here for sure.

Hi,

It seems that outside of normal trading hours the open, high, low, bid, ask and volume are all typically reset to zero. Are you open to changing this behavior to keep the last values from the most recent trading day?

I check for this within my code by making sure the value is > 0 before updating it so I can continue to show what these last values were which will be the same values typically seen in most trading platforms. This works for me in most situations where the trading platform was live during the day and left up, but doesn't work when a user starts the trading platform on a non-trading day or outside normal trading hours.

If you really need to keep this behavior for some reason, how about adding a PreviousDayOpen, PreviousDayHigh, PreviousDayLow, PreviousDayVolume, PreviousBid, PreviousBidSize, PreviousAsk, PreviousAskSize which are all set when it resets so that these values can persist. Without these values it looks like a data problem with my trading platform when all these values are shown as zeros while other trading platforms show the most recent values from the most recent trading day.

Mark

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 5:52 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003