Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »QuoteTracker v3.9.8 Not Working With IQFeed v4.8.1.7
Author Topic: QuoteTracker v3.9.8 Not Working With IQFeed v4.8.1.7 (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Aaron
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 11:00 AM          Msg. 1 of 9
Version 4.8.1.7 of IQFeed doesn't startup when I start QuoteTracker.
Downgrading down to v4.7.2.0 of IQFeed works.

Also, a VIX chart using the symbol VIX.XO doesn't update in real-time. I have to right click and backfill it to get an update. I have the CBOENDX authorization on my account. I've tried all the 4.7.x.x versions, and they all have this problem for me. (I've actually had this problem for awhile now, but have just lived with it)

And one last problem that started today is my charts for @ES# no longer have volume indicators. The option is no longer available in the indicator list. However, the volume indicator is available if I use the symbol @ESH12.

I hope these are fixes that can be done on DTN's side since QuoteTracker is no longer being supported by TDA.

-Aaron

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 11:09 AM          Msg. 2 of 9
Hi Aaron,

We will be glad to dig into these issues for you. Since I do not have your account information here, would you please send me an email at Support@IQFeed.net? That will help us look at your account better and see what we need to do. Or call us at 1-800-779-7200 or come by chat. Thanks.

JVH
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 06:07 AM          Msg. 3 of 9
QuoteTracker v3.9.8 is indeed not working with IQFeed v4.8.1.7.

I downgraded to IQFeed 4.7.0.9.

Please let me knwo when the issue is fixed. Thank you.

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 08:02 AM          Msg. 4 of 9
Hello JVH,

There is a file that I can email you with simple instructions so that QuoteTracker works with the new IQFeed version 4.8.1.7 . I do not have your account information here, but if you send me an email to Support@IQFeed.net, I will be glad to get that to you.

StefanS
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 12:02 AM          Msg. 5 of 9
Hello,

I have the exact same problem. I have installed teh latest IQFeed client v4.8 on a Win 7 machine. QuoteTracker installed on the same machine cannot find and launch IQFeed.
Unfortunately, I dodn't have the earlier version of IQFeed, which works well with QT on my Vista machine.
Could you please post the instructions to make QT work with IQFeed v4.8.

Thank you!

Aaron
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 12:30 AM          Msg. 6 of 9
There is a fix available, and someone at IQFeed should get you what you need once they see your message.

In the mean time here is a link to 4.7 to get you back up and running: www.iqfeed.net/iqfeed_client_4_7_2_0.exe
Edited by Aaron on Mar 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

StefanS
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 01:19 AM          Msg. 7 of 9
Thank you! This worked fine! Good to be back with the old working version.

I already spent a few hours trying to figure out what is wrong until I got the idea to look at the forums.

I do not understand why the 4.8 "patch" or whatever it is is not already included in the release. I know that QT /IQFeed is a pretty popular combination and I cannot imagine how the IQFeed QA people chose to ignore it when they signed up on this broken 4.8 release.

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 06:45 AM          Msg. 8 of 9
Hello Aaron and StefanS,

We do have a work around to QuoteTracker not working with the current 4.8.1.7 version of IQFeed. QuoteTracker requires a dll file that is no longer a part of IQFeed as it is no longer needed to connect to IQFeed. Since QuoteTracker has not been updated in over a year it still uses this dll file to connect. I have included zip file here that has the IQ32.DLL file within it. To use this file, with the latest version of IQFeed and QuoteTracker save it then extract the file and save the IQ32.dll file to C:/Program Files/DTN/IQFeed or if you are running a 64-bit system C:/Program Files(x86)/DTN/IQFeed. Once that is there, you should be able to launch QuoteTracker and connect to IQFeed. If you have any problems or questions please contact us directly here in support so we can take a look (directly if needed by remote).

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

File Attached: IQ32.zip (downloaded 2003 times)

StefanS
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 02:08 PM          Msg. 9 of 9
Thank you so much .It works great!
I really appreciate this level of support - including the explanations!

I am running both AmiBroker and QuoteTracker on IQFeed. AmiBroker works with the latest version of IQFeed. However, QT needed this dll. I am glad to see this resolved.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 10:42 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003