Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »What is the Symbol for NYSE TICKS - JTNZ.Z??
Author Topic: What is the Symbol for NYSE TICKS - JTNZ.Z?? (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mefTrader
-Interested User-

Posted: May 9, 2012 01:06 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
Would like some one to confirm to me - that $TICK with DTN IQ is JTNZ.Z??

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 9, 2012 01:20 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
Hello mefTrader,

You are close. As I understand, $TICK is a data vendor's symbol for NYSE Net Ticks.
In IQFeed, the correct symbol for that is JTNT.Z = NYSE Net Tick.

We have a Symbol Guide for market indicators at www.iqfeed.net, if that helps or feel free to contact us at Support@IQFeed.net .

mefTrader
-Interested User-

Posted: May 10, 2012 10:59 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
ToddH,

I see clear differences between Tradestation $TICK and your JTNT.Z - on a 5min timeframe. My Strategy works with TS data but with your data it is just pure garbage?

Is JTNT.Z correct symbol for NYSE TICK ISSUES?

mefTrader
-Interested User-

Posted: May 10, 2012 10:59 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
I have a ran a strategy from Sept 2008 to date!

mefTrader
-Interested User-

Posted: May 10, 2012 12:09 PM          Msg. 5 of 8
Since Kinetick is a white label then

Does "^TICK(KINETICK)= JTNT.Z???"

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 10, 2012 01:43 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
Hello,

We have studied JTNT.Z extensively in the past in an attempt to discern why our numbers are different from other vendors. We did not find any conclusive evidence. What we did find was that 1) our extremes on JTNT.Z did tend to be less extreme than other vendors, and 2) there was no one “right” number which everybody except DTN had. All vendors had different values for their JTNT.Z equivalent.

As I understand, the Kinetick data feed uses the same IQFeed symbols and, if you are a Kinetick customer, they can confirm that with you. ^TICK is a preset symbol in NinjaTrader, but if you look at the symbol map in NT, it should show JTNT.Z or TICK.Z for IQFeed - those two symbols are the same for NYSE Net Ticks in IQFeed.

GDR
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 10, 2013 12:06 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
How does JT6T.z relate to the above JTNT ?

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jun 10, 2013 12:13 PM          Msg. 8 of 8
GDR

the Symbol for the NYSE net Tick is JTNT.Z
the JT6T.Z is for the S&P 500 Issues net tick
We have a full list on our web site www.iqfeed.net
under the symbol guide.

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 7:25 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003