Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »NEW IQFEED FORUMS »New IQFeed Forum »Best Way to align local machine time and IQFeed server time
Author Topic: Best Way to align local machine time and IQFeed server time (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

buscq9421
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 11:00 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
I am trying to calculate the delay from my local_time to IQFeed's server_time.

Right after I receive a Q message whose message content contains "b" or "a", I logging my local_time. The Bid Time or Ask Time in the Q message provides the server_time.

I expect local_time - server_time to be some small positive number, but I notice it's pretty consistently around -0.55 seconds. Hence, I wonder if IQFeed offers some good way for local machine to align to the server time.

Thanks.

quickTick
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 11:31 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
There are 'T' messages giving you the server time each second. I haven't tried to use them to synch yet, however I would assume they are sent at each full second.

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 12:57 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Do you use NTP to sync the time of your server to the 'rest of the world'?

quickTick
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 02:26 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
A quick test: the difference between local NTP time and "T" server time indicates "T" time has a small delay in addition to half of ping roundtrip. Symbols from Chicago have another, yet small, delay on top of that, and symbols from New York a bit higher delay. As far as I can tell, nothing strange or unexpected.

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 02:33 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
I'm not sure what the question is, because I think the discrepancies can be attributed to mostly physics then.

When I looked at this many moons ago, Chicago was closer then NY to the DTN servers, thus the differences in time.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 12:00 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003