Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: dplneural
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 5, 2016 08:12 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
dplneural has contributed to 11 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.05%) in 5,341 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » SELECT UPDATE FIELD return value question Jul 5, 2016 08:12 AM (Total replies: 8)

well I learnt something today...but not sure why there needs to be 2 different views...thanks for your help

IQFeed Developer Support » SELECT UPDATE FIELD return value question Jul 5, 2016 07:47 AM (Total replies: 8)

Hi Tim,

this is what I see when I click on the link...see attached image

I didn't see any reference to the values you mention

IQFeed Developer Support » SELECT UPDATE FIELD return value question Jul 5, 2016 06:23 AM (Total replies: 8)

Thanks Tim,

maybe such info could be added to the documentation,

thanks again

IQFeed Developer Support » SELECT UPDATE FIELD return value question Jul 5, 2016 02:14 AM (Total replies: 8)

Hi Tim,

thanks for your reply. As per the following description:

Field Name = Tick
Field Type = integer
Field Description = Direction of change from last Trade
Origin of Data = Calculated by IQConnect.exe based upon previous trade

Depending on the I consistently get 3 integer values of:

After examining a log file of the output it appears the values have the following meaning:

173 = price was higher than the previous price;
175 = price was lower than the previous price;
183 = price was the same as the previous price;

Is this correct?

Thanks

IQFeed Developer Support » SELECT UPDATE FIELD return value question Jun 30, 2016 10:48 PM (Total replies: 8)

when I issue a "S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS,Symbol,Last,Most Recent Trade Time,Most Recent Trade Date,Ask,Bid,Spread,Tick\r\n" command in a WATCH (forex data) request, the Tick field value is returned as an integer. Subsequently, I have the following question:

1. What integer values are expected to be returned for the Tick field?

Thanks in advance

IQFeed Developer Support » Symbol not found - Visual Studio 2010 Jul 15, 2014 07:50 PM (Total replies: 2)

It turns out that the customer did not have an uptodate subscription to streaming data for the new machine!!!

IQFeed Developer Support » Symbol not found - Visual Studio 2010 Jul 15, 2014 05:43 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi

I compiled the example Level1Socket example using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate (which is up todate) on an Asus laptop running Windows 8 and I get 'Symbol not found' message when I submit a watch symbol command.

The asus is a G750JX i7 2.4GHz with 16GB of DD3 RAM and SSD

It works when compiled on an Asus laptop running Windows 7. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

If I request records such as 5 min bars on the Asus running Windows 8 I do not get an error and bars are updated correctly.

Thanks in advance

IQFeed Developer Support » Protocol 5.1 - Invalid Symbol Apr 3, 2014 08:18 PM (Total replies: 2)

the simple solution to this problem was to add a TrimRight() to the symbol string before formatting the command...eg:

CString csCommand(m_csUserData);
csCommand.MakeUpper();
if (m_csUserData == csCommand)
{
// add this line
//
m_csUserData.TrimRight();

csCommand.Format("w%s\r\n", m_csUserData);
m_IQConnectSocket.Send(csCommand, csCommand.GetLength());
}

IQFeed Developer Support » Protocol 5.1 - Invalid Symbol Apr 2, 2014 10:19 PM (Total replies: 2)

I compiled the sample LevelOne app using MSVC 2008 on both Windows 7 and Windows 8 OS and if I don't use Protocol 5.0 or 5.1 and request GBPUSD.FXCM as a watch I get the correct data and fields as requested. If I use Protocol 5.0 or 5.1 I get an invalid symbol message. Is there something I am missing here...see attached image...thanks in advance

Hi Steve,

as for the machine, I am running Asus i7 processor with 16GB RAM and 2 x SSD's while watching only 4 symbols. The heartbeat actually stops so the problem could be internet related at either end but having said that I run an app to check time against the atomic clocks and it is unaffected.

The heartbeat problem is random...it can go for days without problem and then stop several times in a session.

My app shows approx. 22 MB as working set memory and 8 MB private working set memory so it is not exactly placing a huge demand on the available RAM,

I also get random failures with the heartbeat message. I added a check to measure the delay against the PC clocks. If the delay is > 30 secs I display a dialog to let the user know while at the same time switching off the connections and feed which at least prevents crashes but it does require a restart.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 7:56 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003