Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: jburford
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 1, 2015 06:59 PM
Interests:
Email: jj@alphalabs.biz
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
jburford has contributed to 3 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.01%) in 3,164 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » historical data resolution Sep 1, 2015 06:59 PM (Total replies: 3)

OK thanks for the reply Tim. All helpful points. I'm trying to match up your tick data now with the aggregated per second data I got with the HIT query. I am now just trying to get tick data from this past trading session like so:

HTX,SPY,46800

My Java client just hangs reading from the socket. Any ideas on what's happening or what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » historical data resolution Aug 31, 2015 06:29 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hello.

I am using the following HIX API command to request historical data:

HIX,SPY,1,1404000,0

I was attempting to request 1 second data for approximately the last 60 days. I set max data points (1404000) by multiplying the number of seconds in a trading day (23400) by 60. I did get 1404000 data points, however the time between data points varied from 2 seconds all the way up to over 15 seconds. However, if I lower my number of days back to about 20 (468000 data points), I get just one second between every data point.

I have a couple questions:

- how can I restrict my request to return only data points inside primary market hours (9:30 - 4PM ET)?
- I thought I could get 1 second resolution going back 180 calendar days. Do I need to use some other API call or modify the one I am currently using?

Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » historical futures data Aug 29, 2015 05:03 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello.

I saw in past release notes that you guys support historical futures data. However, when I look at the Java sample code and the API docs, I don't see clearly where I can submit queries for historical data. Do you guys support this and if so what API call(s) do I need to make in order to query this data?

Thanks!

Time: Fri April 26, 2024 7:38 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003