Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: opttrade
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 19, 2019 08:52 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
opttrade has contributed to 25 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.12%) in 2,725 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Data for FOX Mar 19, 2019 08:52 AM (Total replies: 3)

Stephen,
many thanks for clarifying

br
Erich

Data and Content Support » Data for FOX Mar 19, 2019 05:03 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hi,
could you pls check FOX? There are only data from 2019/03/13 on available and these do not match ToS, barchart or tradingview.

br
Erich

Data and Content Support » Bad Tick for AM on 2019-03-13 Mar 14, 2019 09:45 AM (Total replies: 3)

Stephen,
many thank's for the very prompt check!

br
Erich

Data and Content Support » Bad Tick for AM on 2019-03-13 Mar 14, 2019 04:19 AM (Total replies: 3)

Could you please double check the minute bar for
AM 2019-03-13 14:58:00

The candle looks like to contain bad tick

Thanks in advance
Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » Problem with Open price Feb 8, 2019 12:34 PM (Total replies: 1)

I'm having troubles to get the unadjusted hiostorical Open price for stocks.
For backtesting I need unadjusted data. Therefore I take the (unadjusted) 1-minute data and thought that the open price of the 0930 bar (or the first bar after 0930 if this does not exists) will match to the daily open price.
Normally the price IS the open price, but there seems to be some situation where this is not the case.

Example: Feb, 7th 2019:

At 09:30:00 055341 there was a trade at 19.83 which is the open of the 0930 candle
The streaming data for VVV sent an open of 20.43 which seems to be the official open from NYSE_ARCA at 09:32:05 001591

The problem now: How to create valid unadjusted historical daily bars? We have to use intraday data, because daily data from IQFeed are adjusted, but the open of the first minute bar does not necessarily match the real open. To correct this it would be necessary to look into T&S but this is only available for half a year or so.

Any suggestions how to build unadjusted daily (and minute) data with correct open?

IQFeed Developer Support » Incorrect Intraday data for WY and TWLO Feb 7, 2019 03:04 AM (Total replies: 2)

Tanks for the prompt fix

IQFeed Developer Support » Incorrect Intraday data for WY and TWLO Feb 6, 2019 03:07 AM (Total replies: 2)

Could you please check the minute data for WY and TWLO on Feb, 4th 2019?
Seems there is a bad tick. Daily data are ok.

many thanks

IQFeed Developer Support » Incorrect data for HOLX Jan 28, 2019 08:34 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi Stephen,
thanks for the prompt fix.

Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » Incorrect data for HOLX Jan 26, 2019 05:57 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,
could you pls check the intraday data for HOLX for 2019-01-25 15:36:14.483137
The tick chart (and Minute chart also) shows a Low at 40.8050 which seem a bad tick. Also the volume in the tickchart has no corresponding in the T&S.
This tick in T&S does not show any abnormality (TickID 612) at this time.
Daily chart is ok.

br
Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » Message Content Flags Nov 21, 2018 06:20 AM (Total replies: 7)

Hi Steve,
thanks for reply.

So in summary this means:

If connected by multiple connections:
  • In summary messages the values are correct but the "message content" may be wrong / incomplete when watching the same symbol via different connections. For example: if there is a value in Open then just the "o" is missing, but the open occured.
  • In update messages all connected connections will get the same values and same correct "message content".

If so, I think I can work around this, but please take in on your roadmap for the next update

Are there any other surprises waiting for me when using multiple connections?

br
Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » Message Content Flags Nov 19, 2018 02:52 PM (Total replies: 7)

Hi Steve,
indeed, another program was connected to the feed.

But: I've a few programs working completly independend from each other - they don't know each other and are trading different strategies on different accounts.
Each of the programs opens a connection to the IQFeed and rely on the feed!

It's absolutly inaceptable that two different connections get differnet informations because the feed client says: hey, I've sent the open information allready to the other connections and because of that I don't give you the information...

Technically this leads to absurdity of accepting multiple connections.

This information is a big surprise to me and a showstopper in using IQFeed.

Any idea how to solve?

br
Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » Message Content Flags Nov 19, 2018 02:24 PM (Total replies: 7)

Hi Steve,
strange - did there something change on your side?
I just rerun my test and AAPL and also AA is giving me now "Cbaohlcv" in the summary as expected - Why?

br
Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » Message Content Flags Nov 19, 2018 01:27 PM (Total replies: 7)

Hi Steve,
thanks for the reply.
I just tried AAPL and AA a minute ago. Both have only "ba" in the summary message.

IQFeed Developer Support » Message Content Flags Nov 19, 2018 11:43 AM (Total replies: 7)

Hi,
could you please explain me the message content flag a little bit deeper?

As far as I understand, when subscribing a symbol I get one summary message containing all requested fields and after that I get update messages containing only fields which changed.
When I start watching a symbol I would expect that all message content flags are set in the summary message for all conditions occured in that trading session till now.
But when I start watching a symbol during a trading session which is currently running the summary message (and also not update message) does never contain an "o" flag although it contains an open.
Does the "o" really only occur when you observe the open? I also would it expect in the summary message after the open signaling there is a valid open price in the summary.

br
Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » History LookupError Nov 13, 2018 12:04 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi Steve,
thanks for prompt reply.
The problem seems to exist for a longer time, but we started just now to analyze the logs...
As we use business connection and enterprise equipment for routing and firewall (Cisco) I personally would exclude problems with it. Maybe the line is to Long between Europe and US
So the simpliest way will be to requery that symbols.

Many thanks and br

Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » History LookupError Nov 13, 2018 08:16 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,
everyday I'm requesting historical minute data for the last trading day for about 3000 stocks and everyday I get somtimes connection errors for some symbols in the middle of the task. When I re-run the task then there are other symbols affected.

The logfile shows an error connecting the history socket

STATUS LookupError 3220 21 2018-11-13 12:17:19 History Connect Error SendIntervalRequest (66.112.156.215:60050). Error:10060.
TO CLIENT LookupError 3220 21 2018-11-13 12:17:19 REQ_HST_INT25,E,Could not connect to History socket.,

As I've no glue how the client internally is communicating with the Servers but it seem's the IQFeedClient having troubles sending the request. The socket connection from my app to the iqClient is still alive and not broken.
The errors (about 10-30 symbols out of 3000) appears never in a row - they are absolutly randomly.

I'm using IQFeed Version 6.0.0.5

Any ideas?

br
Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » Invalid Open in L1 summary message Nov 13, 2018 07:57 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hi Steve,
thanks for clarifying!

br
Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » Invalid Open in L1 summary message Nov 13, 2018 04:03 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hi Steve,
sure
Samples from Nov 5th having the problem:
STZ, AMTD, AAP, AEO, A, ADI, AEE, AEP, AET, AFL, ALB, BA, BAX, BRK B, BK, BSX,....
(and many more...)

samples from Nov 5th WITHOUT problem:
AIG, FCX, ATI, BJ, ADBE, DE...
(and a few more)

Knowing about the problem I currently avoid subscribing symbols in the morning and start the subscription at aprx. 10:00 or 11:00 EST. But to improve my automated trading it would be helpful to find the rootcause when and why this could happen.

br
Erich

IQFeed Developer Support » Invalid Open in L1 summary message Nov 7, 2018 06:06 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hi,
on Nov 5th I started my automated trading at 02:47 am (EST) by subscribing L1 for approx 450 stock-symbols.
I understand that there is no or an old open prices in the message.
But the real problem was, that in the summary message content the "o" was set.

Why is the "o" flag set for summary at a point of time of a day where definitifly was no trading? And in update messages there was no further "o" flag for the rest of the day.
I would expect when subscribing to symbols on a day the first message containing an "o" will be sent around 09:30 but not at 02:47. Also giving sometimes an "old" open from the prev day does not make sense to me.

Is there a defined time on your side when you "reset" the open flag and the open price?

br
Erich
Edited by opttrade on Nov 7, 2018 at 07:38 AM
Edited by opttrade on Nov 7, 2018 at 07:39 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Faulty tick for CVX Oct 24, 2018 01:53 PM (Total replies: 2)

Stephen,
looks good!
Thanks for the prompt fix.

br
Erich

Time: Tue April 23, 2024 5:07 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003