Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: bsinnott
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 23, 2005 02:11 PM
Interests: Lots of stuff
Email: brian.sinnott@tradesignals.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
bsinnott has contributed to 3 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.01%) in 7,028 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Hello Everybody

I wonder does anybody know if the volatility field (field 45) in the summary and update messages for the underlying symbol, is the correct volatility for calculating the Black Scholes equations.

If this is not the correct volatility, how do I get the right one?

Thank you.

Kindest regards

Brian

IQFeed Developer Support » Options symbols and Strike prices together. Jan 28, 2005 01:42 PM (Total replies: 2)

Jay

Thank you for prompt reply.

Kindest regards

Brian

IQFeed Developer Support » Options symbols and Strike prices together. Jan 28, 2005 01:13 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi Everybody.

I am using

OES,MSFT,"AM","1";

to retrieve related options symbols for MSFT on the TCP/IP feed.

I get the CALLS and PUTS returned as

VMF AA,VMF AB,VMF AC,VMF AK,VMF AM,VMF AO,VMF AP,VMF AQ,VMF AR,VMF AS,VMF AT,VMF AZ,WMF AA,WMF AB,WMF AC,WMF AE,WMF AF,WMF AG,WMF AH,WMF AI,WMF AK,WMF AM,WMF AN,WMF AO,WMF AP,WMF AQ,WMF AR,WMF AS,WMF AT,WMF AU,WMF AV,WMF AZ,:,VMF MA,VMF MB,VMF MC,VMF MK,VMF MM,VMF MO,VMF MP,VMF MQ,VMF MR,VMF MS,VMF MT,VMF MZ,WMF MA,WMF MB,WMF MC,WMF ME,WMF MF,WMF MG,WMF MH,WMF MI,WMF MK,WMF MM,WMF MN,WMF MO,WMF MP,WMF MQ,WMF MR,WMF MS,WMF MT,WMF MU,WMF MV,WMF MZ,

Thats great but I would like to go a step further.

Is there a similar TCP/IP request which will return the Calls and Puts with their associated STRIKE prices.

Or is there a way that I can request the STRIKE price if I know the OPTION symbol.

I would prefer to be able to do this without having to put the Option symbol on a watch list.

Thank you in advance.

Brian

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 9:33 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003