Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: kweiss
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 19, 2005 11:08 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
kweiss has contributed to 8 posts out of 21191 total posts (0.04%) in 6,981 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Bid/Ask on options Sep 19, 2005 11:08 AM (Total replies: 5)

Hi Jay -

I have no problem limiting my downloads to after hours. My app works well using end of day data. What is the symbol limit?

Data and Content Support » Bid/Ask on options Sep 19, 2005 10:54 AM (Total replies: 5)

Hi Jay -

Is the watch a "push" or a "pull"? If I set a watch, will I get data any information back if there are no trades -- frequently many options in a chain do not trade in a day? Does a watch only receive data when a trade happens?

I need to get option bid/ask data for a lot of symbols. I don't want to place watchs on a lot of options all at once. Would I set a watch on the first option, wait for the current info (bid/ask) to come back? Then cancel the watch, set the watch for the next option, etc.

Thanks for your VERY quick response.

Data and Content Support » Bid/Ask on options Sep 19, 2005 09:34 AM (Total replies: 5)

I need the bid/ask on option chains. If I use the HT (tick) format, I get the bid/ask of the last trade. This can be hours or even days old (if there are no trades on that day.)

What I really need is a 'snapshot' quote or end of day quote for all options.

Does your api supply this and, if so, how do I get it.

Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » "Max" Threads question Sep 16, 2005 04:20 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi! What is the maximum number of threads that can hit IQConnect at any one time? For that matter, what would be optimal?

You should assume that each TCP/IP connection within my program consumes it own thread. I assume that IQConnect uses some sort of thread pool and a request / response queue, but I may be wrong. In either case I want to balance maximum throughput with long-term reliability.

Thanks....

IQFeed Developer Support » API Stability Problems Apr 25, 2005 10:28 PM (Total replies: 5)

By any chance, do you have an estimated time for the new version of IQFeed to be ready. This phase of my project development is now at a dead standstill. Any time estimates would be very helpful.

Thank you

IQFeed Developer Support » API Stability Problems Apr 22, 2005 02:50 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hi! I've been trying to implement a historical datafeed using your API (the production
release v2.3.0.1, NOT the beta, although I've experienced similar problems with the
beta!) but I've been running into a ton of issues using both ActiveX, TCP/IP and .DLL
interfaces. Most notably:

1) I can't instanciate IQConnect.exe reliably via the RegisterClientApp() function.
I've basically come to the conclusion that there is a significant clash with your code
and .NET. It may be related to running the API in a single AppDomain but other
problems prevented my from confirming this even when I split the IQConnect
instanciation and TCP/IP history feed into two separate AppDomains. I know that
AlexBellrock came up with a manual workaround that jibes with this idea (documented in
the "Unstable connection to IQFeed from .NET" thread) but it isn't a viable solution
for me.

2) Even when I [rarely!!] got a connection up and running, there is an obvious memory
leak that crashes my program when I try to marshal data from the DTNHistoryLookup.dll
object. I'd download a fair sized chunk of data just fine, but when the variables went
out of scope a deallocation / stale handle error would always happen in the ActiveX.
This is easy to see either by hand debugging or via the DevPartner Studio Memory Leak
detector.

3) Even, on the rare instances when I got the code to work for a (short!) while I've
had no luck receiving notification messages (via TCP/IP!) that indicated IQCOnnect
shutdown. Needless to say, this is a critical issue for me because I'm want to use the
data feed in a live situation and I have to have rock solid data-feed reliability.
Having the server go south without any notice is very bad.

In case you're wondering, I've tried the API on 4 different machines (1 WIn2K, the rest
WinXP), all with varying degree's of luck but no overall success. The VB 6.0 code,
however, has always worked great, and I've frequently baselined my installation using
the VB 6.0 code just to make sure I didn't screw up the installation.

I'm at wits end and I could clearly use help! For starters, a working example program
would go a long way. Your existing .NET examples are way too sparse to be any help.
More to the point, neither one implements historical data functions.

As to myself, I am a very experienced multi-language developer with lots of API
projects under my belt. I find it hard to believe that a lot of people are using this
product in mission-critical .NET apps. I would, however, like to change that.

To that end I offer my services to whatever exetent you're ready to utilize them. I'd
be happy to work with your developer(s) to create robust documented working code which
I would be happen to share with others.

Regardless, I need your help to move on.

Thanks.....

IQFeed Developer Support » Not receiving WM_MOUSEMOVE Messages Mar 28, 2005 10:02 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hi! I don't appear to be receiving WM_MOUSEMOVE messages after I call RegisterClientApp (via the "Connect" method) from my C# program. I've included the code below. Hopefully you'll be able to see something I missed. Thanks....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Security.Permissions;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

namespace DtnFeed
{
public class IqFeed: NativeWindow
{
public enum Status
{
Unknown,
Connecting,
Connected,
Terminating,
Terminated
}

private int SUCCESS = 0;
private const int WM_MOUSEMOVE = 0x0200;
private const string DLL_NAME = "IQ32.DLL";

~IqFeed()
{
if(this.Handle != IntPtr.Zero)
this.DestroyHandle();
}

[DllImport(DLL_NAME, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]
private extern static int RegisterClientApp(IntPtr handle,
[MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] string productName,
[MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] string productKey,
[MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] string productVersion);

private extern static void RemoveClientApp(IntPtr handle);

private extern static int SetAutoLogin(
[MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] string userName,
[MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] string password);

public delegate void StatusEventHandler(object sender, Status status);

public event StatusEventHandler OnStatus;

public void Connect(string product, string key, string version,
string userName, string password)
{
CreateParams cp = new CreateParams();

this.CreateHandle(cp);

if(OnStatus != null)
OnStatus(this, Status.Connecting);

SetAutoLogin(userName, password);

if(RegisterClientApp(this.Handle, product, key, version) != SUCCESS)
throw new ApplicationException(); //Improve this
}

public void Terminate()
{
if(this.Handle != IntPtr.Zero)
{
if(OnStatus != null)
OnStatus(this, Status.Terminating);

RemoveClientApp(this.Handle);
}
}

protected override void WndProc(ref Message message)
{
if(message.Msg == WM_MOUSEMOVE)
{
uint x = (uint)message.LParam & 0xFFFF;
uint y = (uint)message.LParam >> 16;

if(OnStatus != null)
{
if((x == 0) && (y == 0))
OnStatus(this, Status.Connected);
else if((x == 0) && (y == 1))
OnStatus(this, Status.Unknown);
else if((x == 1) && (y == 0))
OnStatus(this, Status.Terminated);
else if((x == 1) && (y == 1))
OnStatus(this, Status.Terminating);
else
throw new ApplicationException();
}
}

base.WndProc(ref message);
}
}
}

Time: Tue May 7, 2024 8:05 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003