Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
Home  Search  Register  Login  Blogs Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTN_IQFeed on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Steve_S
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 08:45 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Steve_S has contributed to 2076 posts out of 18937 total posts (10.96%) in 4,840 days (0.43 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Latency of Q messages Yesterday @ 08:45 AM (Total replies: 3)

The KBQueued value in the diagnostics app is just a display frontend for the clientstats messages on the Admin port from IQFeed via the API.

Turning this on/off and message format is documented here http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/AdminviaTCPIP.cfm

Not sure if you were aware of that based on your post so wanted to make sure.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Feb 19, 2019 at 08:47 AM

If you can give me a recent example, I should be able to verify but I think this would be a case where the exchange sent a settlement for the contract but no trades occurred.

IQFeed Developer Support » Problem with Open price Yesterday @ 06:50 AM (Total replies: 1)

Unfortunately there isn't a real good way to do this because we include Extended Trades (which are some Form T trades) in our minute data bars.

However, one thing I'll note here is that generally speaking, IQFeed only adjusts daily data for splits. There are a few cases where in the past (and by few, I mean once or twice a year across all stocks on average) we have also manually adjust data for other corporate actions and/or dividends but I believe we stopped doing this several years ago.

Your example VVV has not had any splits registered in our system so the daily data should be un-adjusted.

So as a result, you should be safe (of course you will want to verify this using your own methods) to use the daily data as is for any symbols that haven't split.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » "Invalid interval reference time" Yesterday @ 06:41 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hello, are you still having problems with this? For me, those request do not return data but they are also not returning the error you are seeing.

IQFeed Developer Support » Latency of Q messages Yesterday @ 06:38 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hello, my apologies for the delay responding to this.

Generally speaking, the markets are naturally very "bursty" in terms of how messages are received from the exchanges. I haven't verified with your specific symbols but you are using some of the most active futures contracts as I'm sure you know. I wouldn't be surprised if your few symbols frequently burst well beyond your 1000 message loop test (unless I'm not understanding your test).

A 30s delay is certainly not normal and figuring out where that data is getting queued will help identify what needs to be fixed. If the data is getting to your machine but queued locally within IQConnect waiting to be delivered to your app, then in the diagnostics app, on the client stats tab, you will see the KBQueued column count up for your app's connection. If this number is zero even when you are seeing delays in your app, then the data isn't able to be delivered to your machine and is being queued on the server. Once we know this information it will be easier to identify what is causing the delay.

IQFeed Developer Support » Latest float Feb 18, 2019 02:04 PM (Total replies: 1)

This is not available in IQFeed currently.

Sorry for the delay responding here.

I'm not finding an API account for you based on your info in your forum account. If you would like to PM me your account info I can provide better info (or email dev support).

With that said, my best guess without being able to check anything else would be to make sure you are running the latest beta version posted on the website (if you haven't already). There are changes in that version that help support @TU contracts.

This is not expected behavior. All symbols should be handled the same in this regard.

I can't even think of anything that could potentially cause this type of behavior. How long did you wait for updates before rewatching the symbols?

Can you tell me which options symbols you are watching?

IQFeed Developer Support » Fundamental Data Message Feb 8, 2019 08:51 AM (Total replies: 3)

Not currently.

In IQFeed 6.1 we plan to release a new feature that will enable you to download batches of fundamental data by exchange/security type.

I don't believe this is possible with IQFeed because we don't provide the regional equity options data (we only provide the NBBO quotes for options).

However, have you compared the prices/sizes on that screen with our option chains application that is include with the feed? I'd like to make sure we aren't simply dealing with terminology differences before confirming for sure that we can't provide you the data you need. Assuming that we are simply talking about availability of data differences here, if you compare the two displays side by side, I would expect that the prices on the contracts to match but the sizes to be different (ours being smaller since IB is aggregating sizes for you).

1. Yes, assuming the new $300/800 bid is still the bid side of the NBBO.
2. No, when given the same price, larger size wins so the NBBO hasn't changed.
3. You will receive a new message with $30/200 for MC 10 because that is the new NBBO.

It sounds like you are trying to derive depth of market information from the feed. Unfortunately, you cannot accurately build depth or order book from the NBBO that we provide in the Level1 feed. Additionally, you can only get a limited glimpse of depth even from regional data or the Level 2 data we provide because you cannot determine if a single region/market maker has the top 3 levels of depth (for example) or not.

IQFeed Developer Support » History requests are slow to fill Jan 28, 2019 01:39 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello, this is something we are actively investigating.

IQFeed Developer Support » Incorrect L2 data for futures Jan 28, 2019 07:02 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hello, I do see a potential issue here:

QCLH19,MD01,54.18,54.18,0,3886,06:01:44.162620,2019-01-22,52,06:01:44.162620,F,T,F,

For whatever reason, the Bid is invalid in this message. This is marked in the BidInfoValid flag at the end of the message. I can't think of a reason that the MD01 would ever be invalid though (this is what requires investigation).

Also, make sure you are paying attention to the end of group flag in the last field of the message. This field , when false, indicates that the message needs to be processed as part of a group. Essentially, only when this field is true should all depth levels be considered correct.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Jan 28, 2019 at 07:03 AM

Hello, we rolled out some software updates to our history servers this past weekend that caused this briefly.

These errors are no longer happening on either version.

NOTE: this build will correctly display prices in streaming quote/trades (Level 1 / SnapQuote). However, the history servers still need updated before you will see correct prices there (Time&Sales/Charts). That release is coming soon on the server side and this build will support it when they roll out.

This release also has several bug fixes as follows:

IQFeed v6.0.1.0 - 2019/01/18 - Changes since last Release
• Added support for 64bit (8+ decimals) precision prices in streaming (Level 1) data and History data (as soon as the history servers support rolls out).
• Time & Sales now autosizes on headers and data.
• Time & Sales filters button now stays active while filters are enabled.
• SnapQuote now has the ability to change fonts and autosizes the grid appropriately so it can be read at higher resoultions and scaling.
• Watchlist right-click menu cleaned up.
• Watchlist alerts reset screen will now accept all appropriate keystrokes.
• Fixed several settings with the lower studies settings either not working or not saving in charts.
• News now saves splitter window sizes and should load up in a more user friendly state.

You can download this build on the IQFeed website here:
http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=support§ion=download

If you encounter issues with this build (especially anything with the specific fixes mentioned above), please make sure to contact our Customer Support group so that the issues can get logged/addressed as necessary.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Jan 18, 2019 at 02:25 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » Trade Aggressor Side Jan 18, 2019 07:21 AM (Total replies: 3)

This will be in IQFeed 6.1.

Data and Content Support » Strange historical data coming from IQFeed Dec 20, 2018 02:30 PM (Total replies: 1)

Sorry for the delay responding here. These have been corrected.

Data and Content Support » Wrong London Exchange data Dec 20, 2018 02:17 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hello, we are looking into this.

IQFeed Developer Support » Get underlying for a futures option Dec 14, 2018 02:04 PM (Total replies: 3)

OK, I understand now. You're talking about serial options. We do not have this data directly in the feed currently. However, the next version of IQFeed (6.1) will have a way you can figure it out indirectly.

We are adding a List of contract months to the futures symbol's fundamental data.

As a result, using @C as an example:

@CF19C3300 is a serial option.

In IQFeed 6.1, watching @C# will give you a list of contract months so you will be able to compare the option Month code (F) to the list of future contract months (MKNUZ) and be able to determine what the next one would be which the serial month would apply to.

IQFeed Developer Support » Get underlying for a futures option Dec 14, 2018 11:58 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hello, sorry for the delay responding here.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.

Future Options are issued based on a specific futures contract and expire at the same time (or close to).

The symbology also has the underlying contract specified as well.

For example

@ESZ18C120000

is an option for @ESZ18

Time: Wed February 20, 2019 12:55 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003