Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Datafeed Wish List »IQFeed 4.2.x.x
Author Topic: IQFeed 4.2.x.x (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)

denis
-Interested User-

Posted: May 8, 2007 04:56 AM          Msg. 1 of 17
Hello,
since version 4.2.x.x of IQfeed, my DDE link does not work anymore.
The connection manager works well, IQLink DDE is started, but each time I try to access the feed via a dde link, the connection manager crashes. Even the XL exemple given with the installation does not work.
Others applications that use the feed (like QCollector for exemple) work well. The problem seems to appear at the first DDE connection attempt.
Previous version (4.1.2.0) work perfectly and I use it every day. But I am afraid this version will not work anymore in a near future so I will get stuck.
I have tried almost everything, like cleaning the registry, deleting dlls, de-installing, re-installing, installing on others PCs (I have tried 4 differents PCs), mailing the iqfeed technical support. But nothing works. Last version (4.2.1.4) does not work either. I don't know what to do anymore.
Maybe it is a regional setting issue (I live in Europe).
Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,
Denis

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 8, 2007 08:10 AM          Msg. 2 of 17
Hello Denis,

Could you perhaps send me a copy of your worksheet to tim.walter@dtn.com and I can try and open the worksheet here and we can verify that there is nothing wrong with it. Also, what OS and Office versions are you using?

Tim

denis
-Interested User-

Posted: May 8, 2007 08:36 AM          Msg. 3 of 17
The worksheet is the 'Sample DDE spreadsheet', the sample given with the installation. My version of windows is Windows XP pro SP2, and my excell version is 2002 SP3.
I don't think it is an excel issue since my VB6 application does not work either. In fact, the first DDE connection to IQLink crashes the IQ connection manager, whatever the software that makes the connection.

Denis

Gregor_s
-Interested User-

Posted: May 16, 2007 03:29 PM          Msg. 4 of 17
Hi, since upgrading to 4.2.1.4 a couple of days ago, I have the same issue with excel. My setup is Win XP Pro and MS Office Excel 2003.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 16, 2007 03:48 PM          Msg. 5 of 17
Gregor, is your copy of Windows bought from an international vendor? We have some known issues we are investigating now and we are working on trying to get a resolution soon with those versions.

Gregor_s
-Interested User-

Posted: May 16, 2007 03:59 PM          Msg. 6 of 17
My windows licence came with HP notebook which I bought in Europ.

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: May 16, 2007 04:11 PM          Msg. 7 of 17
Yes I think that it would be a UK version.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 17, 2007 07:41 AM          Msg. 8 of 17
We are actively exploring possible solutions to this problem, a few people have gone back to using IQFeed 4.1.2.0 as an interim solution. This can be downloaded at ftp://www.dtniq.com/IQFeed/iqfeed_client_4_1_2_0.exe

We will post here and on http://www.iqfeed.net as soon we have a version that will work correctly for you.
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on May 17, 2007 at 07:48 AM
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on May 17, 2007 at 05:01 PM

Lewcifer
-Interested User-

Lew Payne

Posted: May 17, 2007 04:47 PM          Msg. 9 of 17
The domain iqfeed.com doesn't belong to DTN... how do you plan on posting announcements there?

Direct contact: pkventures at gmail dot com
Don't be shy... I enjoy sharing/learning from and with other traders.

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 17, 2007 04:54 PM          Msg. 10 of 17
Hi Lewcifer,

Sorry about that, the web sites should be www.IQFeed.net and www.DTNIQ.com.

Thanks for catching the error for us.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors but they all have to learn to live in the same box.

TonyGamble
-Interested User-

Posted: May 18, 2007 03:32 AM          Msg. 11 of 17
Since upgrading to the new release I have had problems with my XP Pro machine which I bought in the UK.

I'm feeding Quotetracker and the feed stops from time to time.

My office machine which also has the new software but is Win 2000 does not have the same problems.

Could this point to another problem with European versions of XP ?

Tony
London UK

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 18, 2007 08:55 AM          Msg. 12 of 17
This would be the first report we have if so, but we are actively testing it now. I will let you know if we see anything in our testing that matches your issue.

Does the feed just go yellow, hang for 10-15 minutes, and then turn green again and work fine within Quotetracker or do you have to logout and back in to get it to start working?

TonyGamble
-Interested User-

Posted: May 18, 2007 09:14 AM          Msg. 13 of 17
I have to logout and go back.

Mind you, if I've been watching it for ten minutes and nothing has happened I'd tend to want to do something myself to get the info back again anyway.

I'll leave it running untouched when I get home this evening and I'll try to give you an update.

This feed on Win 2000 is rattling away and I know this office broadband is slower than mine at home - so I ought to get more speed at home.

Tony
Edited by TonyGamble on May 18, 2007 at 09:15 AM

TonyGamble
-Interested User-

Posted: May 18, 2007 01:00 PM          Msg. 14 of 17
XP machine rattling away at a pace.

I'll put the blame on some firewalling from my mix of routers and WiFi. A good boot solves a lot of problems!!

So, no blame attached to the new version as at 18.59 UK BST.

Tony

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 18, 2007 03:57 PM          Msg. 15 of 17
After talking with Steve, it appears he has discovered that the root of the problem is not because of the international version, it is because of time zone settings greater than Greenwich Mean Time.

With this information, I have found that if you set your time to any time zone less than GMT (Eastern US for instance) and then update your system clock to your actual time the new feed will work! You will want to uncheck any time synchronizing to prevent the time from going back to actual Eastern time.

Steve will address this bug, but in the interim this will provide a functional solution. If there are any issues that this does not resolve, please let us know and we will investigate them. If you have any difficulty at all with this, please write me at tim.walter@dtn.com and we can setup a chat or other communication to resolve the problem.

TonyGamble
-Interested User-

Posted: May 19, 2007 06:22 AM          Msg. 16 of 17
Tim,

Thanks for that suggestion.

I'll try it on Monday when the markets re-open.

But, as I posted yesterday, I seem to have recovered my speed by re-booting my router.

However, I will look at that time zone effect as that is worth checking.

Rgds

Tony

denis
-Interested User-

Posted: May 23, 2007 01:32 PM          Msg. 17 of 17
Tim,

after changing my time zone to US Eastern, and modifying the time, dde link works again.
I will use that until a new version comes out.
Thank you very much on behalf of all Europeans !

Denis

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 5:21 PM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003