Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Intraday data retrieval problem
Author Topic: Intraday data retrieval problem (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Alyuda
-Interested User-

Alyuda

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 07:08 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
I experience problems retrieving intraday or tick data. All I get is "History data is currently unavailable". Daily data is ok. I get this message even with the shipped examples. What am I doing wrong? How can I get intraday data?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Aug 31, 2004 04:18 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
If you are still seeing this issue, please post more details such as the symbols and intervals of data you are requesting.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Tochner
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2004 08:08 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
I am also getting these error messages.
I tried installing both versions of the latest client and developer packages. (BETA and non BETA) on two computers.

I am able to connect to the IQFeed service (I am a new user) and get End Of Day historical data using all the different examples, yet I am unable to get historical Ticks and Intraday using any days parameter and using symbols such as: gm, ge, dell and msft. (for which I can get EOD, Weekly, Monthly data).

I am using the VC++ compiled example and the VB compiled example (COM / Tick and 5 MInute data), all of which give out the error message: "History data currently unavailable".

Thanks.
Edited by Tochner on Sep 8, 2004 at 08:09 AM

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 8, 2004 08:32 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Are you entering the symbols in all uppercase when making a request for intraday data?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Tochner
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 8, 2004 10:53 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
I am now

Thanks.
(It works when symbols are in uppercase).

Time: Sun May 26, 2024 5:28 AM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003