Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Real-time: Time stamps do not appear to match date stamps
Author Topic: Real-time: Time stamps do not appear to match date stamps (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

sd_cm
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 24, 2004 12:25 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
I understand that timestamps are always in EST on IQFeed. For example, symbol @ESU4 trades in CST but the trades print on IQFeed in EST. However, at midnight the trade date fails to move ahead with the time. For example, at 8/23/04 23:45 @ESU4 trades are printing 8/23/04 00:45 (23 hours earlier). We could trap and correct for this but what about symbols that do trade EST - these would not need the adjustment - therefore we really don't know what time the trade occured without tracking down the market center and its time zone for every print.

Shouldn't the trade date and trade time be reported in the same time zone? Or are we missing something?

Thanks,
Scott

P.S I attempted to verify that the date does roll for EST-based contracts using nymex crude QCLX4. However, at 8/23/04 11:45 pm the trade date shows 8/20/04, which of course is not correct. This would appear to be a serious problem if the trade date and time cannot be determined. Am I using the wrong field? I don't see another trade date field...?

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Aug 24, 2004 03:55 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
Thanks for pointing this out to us. We will find and fix it. Thanks!

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

sd_cm
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 1, 2004 06:31 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
Any progress on this?

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Dec 7, 2004 09:39 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
The fix should be in production in about 2 weeks. Thanks!

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Sat April 27, 2024 1:15 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003