Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »ERROR Returned while downloading historical data!!!
Author Topic: ERROR Returned while downloading historical data!!! (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

vis_nagraj
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 6, 2007 07:18 AM          Msg. 1 of 10
Dear steve,

It happens at times that when ever i download historical data for a bunch of symbols, i get an error message for one or more symbols, the error i get is:

!ERROR! !NONE!

what does this error signify, does it signify that there is no data available for that particular symbol, or anything else.. And secondly, if i try again after sometimes, i get data for the same symbol!!! why is it so ? This error does not comes every time, but does come at some irregular times....

I use java for connecting to iqfeed...

Plzz do help me, in this....

Vishwanath

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Sep 6, 2007 07:32 AM          Msg. 2 of 10
Yes, I have the same problem, and end up downloading historical twice just to be sure I have everything.

vis_nagraj
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 6, 2007 07:34 AM          Msg. 3 of 10
Dear steve,

I get this another also sometimes while downloading historical data:

!ERROR! Could not connect to History socket.

pllzz help me...

Vishwanath

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 01:14 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
This error from IQFeed simply signifies that no data (and no other error) was returned from the server for the request.

I have brought this to the attention of the server team previously but they have not yet been able to implement a solution.

If you need an immediate resolution, I would suggest (as stargrazer metioned) tracking which symbols did not return data and rerequest autoimaticly within your application.

zeta34
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 02:02 PM          Msg. 5 of 10
The problem is that something in DTN's implementation is leaking. I thought it was my JNA bridge to the DLL that was leaking, but I recently implemented the DTN java solution and it still fails.

It is very easy to recreate. Try to load HDX data over TCP/IP for 11,000 symbols. When it gets to 10,800 symbols, it will start returning "Could not connect to History socket".

I am not leaking socket references or anything of that nature I assure you. If DTN were to setup a simple, continuous load from a PC, they would find the same exact problem.

The only solution I have found is to reboot the entire PC. That is a real pain, as you can imagine.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 04:09 PM          Msg. 6 of 10
Just to be clear.

This is an old thread (2007). I have not heard reports of the issue in the original topic for a VERY long time.

The "Unable to connect to History Socket" error is an entirely different issue and unrelated to the Original topic of this thread. I realize that my post above (from September 17th, 2007) doesn't address this issue directly but unfortunately, at this time, I don't recall the situation surrounding that post.

zeta34, I have handled several instances of this issue in the past. As it sounds like you know, it is a simple issue of the call to the connect method failing in IQConnect which is usually caused by windows being out of socket resources. In the past, every case of this that I have looked into ended up being solved within the client application code (not within IQConnect). Additionally, we do fairly rigorous testing of the feed at each release and I have never been able to duplicate these issues internally during these tests which include continual requests as you suggest.

With that said, I am not ruling out the possibility that there is a bug in IQFeed. I am just indicating that I've never been able to find one before through several similar investigations. If you would like to send me an app that duplicates this issue, I am more than willing to investigate it again in more detail.

zeta34
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 09:29 PM          Msg. 7 of 10
Ok, I have reproduced this bug using the DTN example. Then I upgraded to the newest version, 4.6.1.0, and tried again. And the bug still exists. I ran this program on both my Vista and XP machines, and in both cases I get the same error.

For the first 10k loops, no problem, the correct data is always returned:

100,2009-09-17 16:33:51,28.4900,684,3918982,28.2500,28.4200,3632467,0,0,E,

But sometime between 10,600 and 10,800 loops, this error is being returned:

100,E,Could not connect to History socket.

It happens *EVERY* time without fail. The only solution is to reboot the machine.

Here is the class. It is an exact replica of the LookupClient.java class distributed with IQFeed, with the addition of a simple while loop.

public class LoopingTestSentToDTN extends IQ_32 {

int a, b;
BufferedReader in, sin;
BufferedWriter sout;

public void IQConnectStatus(int a, int b) {
this.a = a;
this.b = b;
System.out.println("IQConnectStatus("+a+","+b+")");
}

void dayticks() throws Exception {
String symbol,days,maxDataPoints,beginFilterTime,endFilterTime,direction,dataPointsPerSend;
symbol = "A";
days = "1";
maxDataPoints = "1";
beginFilterTime = "";
endFilterTime = "";
direction = "0";
dataPointsPerSend = "100";
sout.write("HTD"+","+symbol+","+days+","+maxDataPoints+","+beginFilterTime+","+endFilterTime+","+direction+","+dataPointsPerSend+";");
sout.flush();
String line = sin.readLine();
while (line!=null && line.indexOf("!ENDMSG!",0)==-1) {
System.out.println(line);
if (line.equals("!SYNTAX_ERROR!"))
line = null;
else
line = sin.readLine();
}
}

void run() {
RegisterClientApp("IQFEED_DEMO", "1.0", "0.11111111");
try {
if (a!=0 || b!=0) return;
Socket s = new Socket(InetAddress.getByName("localhost"), 9100);
sin = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(s.getInputStream()));
sout = new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(s.getOutputStream()));
in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in));

int i = 0;
while (i < 20000) {
dayticks();
if ((++i % 50) == 0) {
System.out.println("####### Count: " + i);
}
}
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
RemoveClientApp();
}

public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception {
LoopingTestSentToDTN me = new LoopingTestSentToDTN();
me.run();
}

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 10:30 AM          Msg. 8 of 10
We are looking into this.

zeta34
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 01:27 PM          Msg. 9 of 10
Any status on this issue? Did the test fail for you?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 04:19 PM          Msg. 10 of 10
Hello, sorry about the delay responding. I was investigating another similar issue with history and had previously thought that this was the same issue. However, after testing the above code, I am not able to duplicate the issue you are having. The above code seems to complete all 20,000 requests every time the app is ran without even a single error being returned when I run it.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Sep 29, 2009 at 04:20 PM

Time: Sat May 18, 2024 7:09 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003