Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »corporate earnings table
Author Topic: corporate earnings table (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

steve
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 8, 2004 04:57 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
Jay:
Without the quarterly corporate earnings reports in a table/spreadsheet format each day, I have no other use for DTN. The table was my first screen for potentially new purchases or short sells of stocks, and was in an easy to read format. If you are not going to restore that format, for which I paid a years subscription, can I have my money back, pro-rated?
Listing each company's earnings as they are released one at a time and by stock symbol, is no different than any other subscription services that are MUCH less expensive than DTN. Am I being clear on this topic?
Steve

Chucko
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 8, 2004 05:06 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
I ABSOLUTELY agree! (Sorry to shout... but DTN has screwed up big-time). I wrote a parser that parsed the table by symbol and extracted only those where I got a match. Then the data was cleaned, reformatted and moved to another systen for further analysis. And I agree: that was the only reason to pay the high DTN fees. When they say "DTN newsroom" I presume the table was assembled by hand by DTN staff from, say, the newswires and other sources. Now that they won't do this for me, then I too must unsubscribe. Let's see what they reply. Maybe there is another source some good person could point us to. The WSJ online has a tablular format, I believe. Then there's also Zacks...

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 8, 2004 09:13 PM          Msg. 3 of 8
I will have to see if we can get RTT to enter the earnings numbers into our database. They have been very flexible so far, so based on these comments, they may be willing to input the data our newsroom used to provide.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 8, 2004 09:30 PM          Msg. 4 of 8
Chucko,

here is one I found:
http://thestreet.ccbn.com/earning.asp?date=20041007&client=thestreet

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Chucko
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 9, 2004 04:31 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
Jay,

Thanks for the attention and reply. The Street.com will do 2 of the 3 things we need, so, yes, it is a help -- thank you! 1) Provide EPS data in a timely way and in a tabular format; we can probably write a parser for if we can figure how to work around all the HTML. The DTN table was simple ASCII text which could be written right to disk and so was easy to handle. 2) Alert us that a company report has come out on a given day and so prompt us to go to Yahoo for the full details because we need the reported sales as well which were in the old DTN tables. Plus the DTN tables had last year's same-quarter numbers which was a neat double-check on the data. It was a very nice service. Sorry to see it gone...

ED
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 10, 2004 09:03 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
Steve,

I agree with you 100% This is ridiculous. Let me know if you go with some else.

Ed
e-mail: D2bike@Juno.com

Ed

Chucko
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 14, 2004 11:53 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
Hey! Jay: Silence on the corp EPS and Sales data table -- not good!

If you have to ASK your new owner (not demand) then this is OUT OF CONTROL! Looks bad to me...

My gut says giv'em enother week to implement the fix. Then I cancel. And will go to small claims court (in your state -- yes I'll get on a plane) for recompense for impaired service, damages and non-performance. Yes, I am a nasty guy when cheated. Sudden and un-announced lowering of the service is a clear breach of contract. I like to go for triple damages, just to teach'em a lesson. Quadruple is good, too...

I'll bet the new owners didn't guess they were buying a non-performance liability, eh? Hence they overpaid, no? I'll bet you sold them the subscriber base and told 'em they could let go the people-intensive newsroom since no one really cared. But no: I care. As do others... I smell class action... Hence they're gonna renogtiate with you. And it won't be up...

Best restore the level of service, pronto. All levels, as paid for, OK? NOW ok?

Get my tone: Humerous but serious. So don't take offense. Just fix it.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 15, 2004 11:14 AM          Msg. 8 of 8
No offense taken Chucko. You can call us today and cancel. The content changed. The change is for the better for most traders. Earnings are still available. Service isn't impaired, it just doesn't suite your needs. Its like sueing HBO for no longer having Sex in the City. You can watch the new program lineup or cancel HBO. You don't sue them for making a change that is better for their broad customer base.

I am not sure what you mean by ASK your new owner. RTT doesn't own us, and we don't own them. We have a partnership for news content, and we will continue to work together to ensure we have the content our customers need.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Sun April 28, 2024 12:53 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003