Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Forex down??
Author Topic: Forex down?? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

earik
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 10, 2005 11:32 AM          Msg. 1 of 7
Hi,

All of a sudden, I can't receive any forex updates. History comes in fine, but updates have been nowhere to be seen for about a day and a half now. Anyone know what's up? Is the feed down, or is this something to do with the new api?

Earik

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jun 10, 2005 11:41 AM          Msg. 2 of 7
Earik,

No problems that we are aware of. I am using the new beta IQFeed 2.3.0.4 with DTN.IQ and am getting streaming HotSpot and Barclays. Let us know what symbols you are looking at. Also, have you looked at the new IQFeed yet? It should be much better for your users once released.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

earik
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 12:53 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
Hi Jay,

I'm using the production release (2.3.0.1), and it happens on all forex requests. HEURUSD, BEURUSD, HGBPUSD, BGBPUSD, etc. Are your forex quotes up in that release? I'll move over to 2.3.0.4 soon, but have to wait until you're out of beta before I can bring everyone on board.

Thanks,

Earik

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 02:28 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
Earik,

There shouldn't be anything that would break the previous version for Forex. It is still working in 2.3.0.1. The only thing I can think of is your permissioning isn't there for Forex which is a premium feed.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

earik
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 03:18 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
It's not permissioning, because it happens across multiple accounts and users that are all set up and have had it working a week ago. Besides, history is totally fine, it's just the live updates that are missing. It's like the request goes out, history comes in, and then it's totally dead from that point out. I figured you guys must have changed something on the server end, but I guess not. Not sure what to tell the forex guys...

Earik

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 05:18 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
Earik,

Have you tried to look at Forex data in the sample applications that came with IQFeed developer? Or, try to telnet into port 5009 and watch a symbol to see if you are getting data. If you are getting historical data, that request is obviously working. Setting the watch list on the symbol must be the issue.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

earik
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 14, 2005 12:45 PM          Msg. 7 of 7
Hi Jay,

I just tried watching it using the sample app IQWatchQuote.exe, and I'm getting the same thing in that program. Everything else streams in fine, but Forex is totally dead... Seems like the fix would be to just move over to 2.3.0.4 which is working, but I don't think I can release that to customers yet so I'm not sure what to do here.

Earik

Time: Sat May 18, 2024 5:51 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003