Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN Satellite Products »historical data access for dtn sat
Author Topic: historical data access for dtn sat (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

tthrift
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 11, 2005 11:35 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
Is it possible for a dtn sat customer to access the the historical data servers for data backfills?

If so, would/does dtn provide software that might be used to download the archived data?

I'm especially interested in insuring that my tick data is archived locally for backtesting.

Thx,
-Terry Thrift-

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 02:20 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
Terry,

We offer our DTN.IQ/IQFeed service at half price to satellite customers in order to provide you the functionality you want. Using our DTN.IQ software, you can access the historical data. This data is exportable into comma delimited. However, it is not directly compatible with our Chameleon software. Are you using a 3rd party application with our feed (or your own?). If so, the 3rd party software will need to also write to IQFeed in order to make the data retrieval seemless.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

tthrift
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 29, 2005 11:51 PM          Msg. 3 of 8
Jay:

I'm using 3rd party software. It will support the new IQFeed when the beta is released. But the software will not support downloading more than 65000 bars of tick data. This limitation restricts archival of tick data on large volume symbols. So I would like a way to download DTN satellite tick data that is independent of 3rd parties and without undue expense.

A simple utility to download tick data from the historical servers would work great. Perhaps there is already a source code example that does this?

Thx,
-Terry Thrift-

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jun 30, 2005 07:35 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
Anyone can sign up to write 3rd party applications to IQFeed, so if you are a Windows programmer you would be able to write an application that can download the data. There is a $300 annual fee to do this, plus the monthly subscription to the data (which is 1/2 price if you have our satellite service). There are sample applications that come with the IQFeed developer subscription.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Judy C White
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 18, 2005 11:56 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
May I ask exactly what DTN considers to be historical data? After ten years of providing closing information until the next trading day on the Stock Index and Indicators Page, DTN decided last July to discontinue providinjg that information. Being able to to get an overall look each morning at the market changes the prior day is vital information for my day trading and I wish that DTN would please reinstall that information

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Sep 18, 2005 08:09 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
Judy, this wouldn't be considered historical data. You are talking about when we clear data for the next trading day. Our engineers are looking at this to see if we can move the time back without effecting other customers/processes. We will let you know what we can come up with.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Judy C White
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 18, 2005 11:05 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
Jay, thank you for your response but the reps I have called were saying for three months that DTN was working on the problem and l just last week said that MDI had decided to leave things the way they were. So, I have have been patiently waiting already for three months. This weekend I wanted to do some market homework and of course found everything blank. The indicators page has been one of my key tools. Why did DTN go and change it in the first place? Not one rep I have talked to likes it the way it is now. They have told me that someone does but in looking through the various forums I don't find any positive comments. Are there any in print? As you can tell after waiting for three months for a fix that I was told was forthcoming only to be told that it wasn't going to be fixed has been very frustrating. I hope the engineers find a fix in less than three more month. What DTN has done makes absolutely no sense to me. Again, thanks for any efforts you can do to correct this situation?

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 9:01 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003