Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Wish List »Eliminate Windows event based startup requirements
Author Topic: Eliminate Windows event based startup requirements (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Aug 11, 2005 05:52 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
There are some times when I prefer to use console based applications for my data-analysis. Having to create a Kluge to accept a windows event when starting iqfeed seems a bit too much. Can that requirement be dropped? Perhaps a .net framework event or even better, simply allow a socket connection immediately, and pass status to the socket connection of what is happening, ie, additional S type messages.

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Aug 11, 2005 07:10 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
There have also been times when I wanted to connect Perl routines to the feed, so a .net framework event wouldn't be quite appropriate. If the whole thing could be totally driven through sockets, that would be cool.

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Aug 11, 2005 10:23 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Good suggestion. This is something that I have been thinking about for future development. I assume that most developers would find this to be handy.

Natalie

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 11, 2005 12:23 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
I'll second that request. If everything were socket-based, it might also eliminate some race conditions during startup and reconnection.

Allen

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 11, 2005 03:03 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
No kludge required. The functionality already exists in the library.

void __stdcall SetCallbackFunction(CallbackType callback)

Time: Sat July 27, 2024 3:22 AM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003