DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: themike
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 18, 2010 06:14 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
themike has contributed to 3 posts out of 21244 total posts (0.01%) in 5,131 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Thanks to everyone at DTN for helping with this issue. The fix was to reload the machine with a 32-bit edition of Window 7. Apparently this is a common problem with lots of older hardware devices that lack new drivers for a 64-bit OS.

I checked and it is a DVB-SR1 receiver.

I have a DTN dish/receiver that is used for DTN Meteorlogix. Previously the host PC was rented from DTN (it was an 8-9 year old Dell optiplex/Win2k). The decision was made to purchase a new PC in leiu continuing to rent. Unfortunately, the new PC has Windows 7 64bit edition loaded on it.

Per instructions from tech support I downloaded AviationSentry from ftp.meteorlogix.com/pub/temp/AVS5.01.050610/

The issue is that I cannot get the USB device driver for the receiver (Velocity/DtnRcUsb.sys) to load. Is this device even supported on Windows 7?

I am not sure of the receiver model is at the moment, but I know that it in addition to USB, it also has an Ethernet and a serial (8P8C) connector on the back.

I have also been unable to find any information on how to use the Ethernet connection. I assume that a certain IP/netmask will need to be statically assigned on the host PC.

I apologize if this is not the proper forum to ask these questions. Any information or links on how to complete the setup would be most appreciated.

Time: Fri July 26, 2024 6:42 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003