Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN Satellite Products »DTN satellite reciever usb support on Windows 7 (x64)
Author Topic: DTN satellite reciever usb support on Windows 7 (x64) (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

themike
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 11, 2010 12:08 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
I have a DTN dish/receiver that is used for DTN Meteorlogix. Previously the host PC was rented from DTN (it was an 8-9 year old Dell optiplex/Win2k). The decision was made to purchase a new PC in leiu continuing to rent. Unfortunately, the new PC has Windows 7 64bit edition loaded on it.

Per instructions from tech support I downloaded AviationSentry from ftp.meteorlogix.com/pub/temp/AVS5.01.050610/

The issue is that I cannot get the USB device driver for the receiver (Velocity/DtnRcUsb.sys) to load. Is this device even supported on Windows 7?

I am not sure of the receiver model is at the moment, but I know that it in addition to USB, it also has an Ethernet and a serial (8P8C) connector on the back.

I have also been unable to find any information on how to use the Ethernet connection. I assume that a certain IP/netmask will need to be statically assigned on the host PC.

I apologize if this is not the proper forum to ask these questions. Any information or links on how to complete the setup would be most appreciated.

themike
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 11, 2010 04:17 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
I checked and it is a DVB-SR1 receiver.

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jul 12, 2010 07:31 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Hello themike, what you will want to do is contact our Weather Customer Service dept at 800/655-8111 and they will be able to help you further.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

themike
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 06:14 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
Thanks to everyone at DTN for helping with this issue. The fix was to reload the machine with a 32-bit edition of Window 7. Apparently this is a common problem with lots of older hardware devices that lack new drivers for a 64-bit OS.

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 2:04 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003